Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Importing existing projects created by cmake command line or cmake-GUI(Problem with indexing of include files generated by external cmake tools)
Importing existing projects created by cmake command line or cmake-GUI [message #1810207] Sun, 04 August 2019 23:20 Go to next message
Gary Roach is currently offline Gary RoachFriend
I have been trying to get Eclipse cdt 2019-6 to work with cmake and cmake-gui. Both the command line and the gui give the same results. The .cproject and .project files are generated by both methods. The .settings directory is also present. When imported into Eclipse, the project can be built, run and all of the other things on the build targets tab. In short, everything seems to work fine -- except, the editor can't find any of the include files. Because of this, I get a zillion errors and can't use any of the nice lookup functions that make Eclipse so nice to work with. Everything in the workbench seems normal except for all of the red marks in the edit window. I have followed the instructions from two different sources to set up the project but get the same results.

I've been fiddling with this for more than a week now and am very frustrated. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Debian 10 (Buster) OS
KDE Desktop
Eclipse-CDT 2019-6
Working with Deal-II FEM library

GaryR

Re: Importing existing projects created by cmake command line or cmake-GUI [message #1810320 is a reply to message #1810207] Wed, 07 August 2019 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found the problem:
If you use either cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4-Unix makefile" . to build or set up cmake-GUI, none of the include files will be recognized until you run make all. Then wait for the system to reindex. This takes some time ( about 2 minutes with a 4 processor, 2.6GHz system). I was not running cmake all before.

Some notes:
You can easily setup cmake-GUI by clicking on the advanced box in the heading area. Then run configure. Check boxes for linked resources, source project, make arguments and version will be listed for Eclipse. Check the linked resources and source project. Enter -j (with number of processor on your system ( -j4 on mine). I set my version to the highest value on the dropdown. Rerun configure and your all set.

If you are running a Linux system you might find KDE's KsysGuard handy. I keep it running in the lower right corner of my screen. It will tell you how much CPU time you are using, how much memory is used and network usage. This really helps when you are not sure whether the system has crashed or just taking a long time. You can also determine which program is causing trouble and manually kill it.

Hope this keeps someone else from making the same stupid error and wasting a lot of time.

Gary R
Re: Importing existing projects created by cmake command line or cmake-GUI [message #1810587 is a reply to message #1810320] Tue, 13 August 2019 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, the above post is wrong. The procedure described worked once and then went back to the same old failure.

Now. If I rtclk on a project => properties => C/C++ Include Paths and Symbols, the screen shows "Include path not found" . See attached screen shot. I installed the Dealii package by downloading the tar file for Deal.II-9.1.1 into the /home/gary/Dealii/ directory and unzipped the file. I now had a dealii-9.1.1 directory. and added a build directory. I then went to the dealii-9.1.1 directory, ran cmake, then ran make and make install. This is on a Debian Linux -Buster OS. If I run a "locate deal" command, I find several different include files . In /usr/local/include the files seem to be Trilinos based. In /usr/local/include/deal.II/ there are a lot of .h files that seem to be associated with solvers plus the grid sub directory. The grid directory contains the tria.h include files. Note: I added deal.II to the end of /usr/local/include after the attached screen shot was taken.

It seems that I don't know where the appropriate include files are stored on my machine.

Anybody have any ideas.

GaryR
Re: Importing existing projects created by cmake command line or cmake-GUI [message #1820811 is a reply to message #1810587] Wed, 29 January 2020 12:56 Go to previous message
Gerald Marewo is currently offline Gerald MarewoFriend
Hi.

I have the same problem with:

Eclipse 2019-03 (4.11.0)
CMake 3.10.2
libdeal 8.5.1
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

I hope that someone will point us in the right direction soon.

Frustrating.

Regards.

Gerald.
Previous Topic:API to find connection information to remote project
Next Topic:Rational Devaloper for i - What is the .eclipse/RSE folder for?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:58:51 GMT 2024