Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » TCP ASPs over TLS(How to use the titan.TestPorts.TCPasp with TLS)
TCP ASPs over TLS [message #1810152] Thu, 01 August 2019 14:59 Go to next message
Olaf Bergengruen is currently offline Olaf BergengruenFriend
Hi Titan experts,

I have a project using titan.TestPorts.TCPasp for handling TCP connections and need to extend it to support TLS.

Is it possible to configure the TCP ASPs for using TLS, and has someone a simple example?

Thanks for any hint,
Olaf @ ETSI TF160

Note: The titan.TestPorts.TCPasp are in https://github.com/eclipse/titan.TestPorts.TCPasp.git.

Re: TCP ASPs over TLS [message #1810164 is a reply to message #1810152] Fri, 02 August 2019 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Olaf,

yes, it is perfectly possible,

see an example here:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1084285/
Using TLS/DTLS with Titan test ports part1(TLS with the TCP test port )

I hope this helps

BR

Elemer
Re: TCP ASPs over TLS [message #1810178 is a reply to message #1810164] Fri, 02 August 2019 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, Elemer, it works!! Thanks!
It is impressing what Titan offers.

Attached the Client-Server project I used for testing to run on two different machines, see ReadMe.txt for more info.

Still I have a rather minor problem: My main project has many TCP ports some use TLS others not, some are used as server ports and some as client ports. The problem is that I can not compile all with #define AS_USE_SSL and can not set all in server_mode.
My way forward would be to extend the TCPasp_Types so that I can choose which ports should be configured to use TLS (possibly with different certificates?) and have two different versions of Abstract_Sockets, one supporting TLS the other being 'plain'. This seems for me a nasty solution (Holzhammermethode in German :-).

Do you have a better idea?

Thanks, again :-),
Olaf
  • Attachment: TLSTest.tgz
    (Size: 39.78KB, Downloaded 90 times)
Re: TCP ASPs over TLS [message #1810214 is a reply to message #1810178] Mon, 05 August 2019 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Olaf,

you should have no problem compiling a project with several TCP ports; that only adds the possibility, and not the obligation, to use SSL/TLS.

Each port instance can be separately parameterized for a specific behaviour; say you have two ports TCP_port1 and TCP_port2:

*.TCP_port1.socket_debugging := "Yes"
*.TCP_port1.server_mode := "No"
*.TCP_port1.use_connection_ASPs := "Yes"
*.TCP_port1.ssl_use_ssl := "Yes"

*.TCP_port2.socket_debugging := "Yes"
*.TCP_port2.server_mode := "Yes"
*.TCP_port2.use_connection_ASPs := "No"
*.TCP_port2.ssl_use_ssl := "No"

port1 will be used in client mode with SSL/TLS, while port2 will be used in server mode , w/o SSL/TLS.

The whole range of parameters is documented in

titan.TestPorts.TCPasp/doc/UG/TCP Socket Test Port for TTCN-3 Toolset with TITAN, Users Guide.adoc

I hope this clarifies it

Best regards

Elemer

Re: TCP ASPs over TLS [message #1810217 is a reply to message #1810214] Mon, 05 August 2019 09:34 Go to previous message
Wow, Elemer!

I don't need to do anything, all is there.
And my MCPTT Tester should work now with IPsec for the IMS part and HTTPS over TLS for the HTTP signalling to the simulated MCPTT servers. That's great!

Thanks,
Olaf
Previous Topic:IMS traffic
Next Topic:Function eveluation in template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:38:16 GMT 2024