Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » MacOS Mojave keyboard
MacOS Mojave keyboard [message #1809901] Thu, 25 July 2019 12:45 Go to next message
Ludovico Soldati is currently offline Ludovico SoldatiFriend
Hi, I just installed Eclipse to program in Fortran, I have an "English keyboarded" Macbook Pro. When I open Eclipse the keyboard recognised is the Italian one. I actually had the english and the italian keyboards in the system preferences, anyway I deleted the italian one in order to avoid the possibility of an automatic switch to it by the program. I restarted Eclipse and it is still set with the italian keyboard.
So, is there any setting in Eclipse that consent to set the right keyboard?
Thank you for the responses.
Re: MacOS Mojave keyboard [message #1809910 is a reply to message #1809901] Thu, 25 July 2019 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Odd: I don't see a separate keyboard option in Eclipse, and Eclipse just adapts when switching between keyboards.

Can you include a screenshot of what you're seeing? I wonder if you have some other plugin installed?
Re: MacOS Mojave keyboard [message #1809915 is a reply to message #1809910] Thu, 25 July 2019 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May it be that the language of the writings of the mac is Italian? Cause I'm Italian but, as said, the macbook is English
I attached the screen
Re: MacOS Mojave keyboard [message #1809916 is a reply to message #1809915] Thu, 25 July 2019 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You've selected the English UK keyboard. If you select the English US keyboard you'll likely get what you're expecting.
Re: MacOS Mojave keyboard [message #1809918 is a reply to message #1809916] Thu, 25 July 2019 16:18 Go to previous message
It didn't change :/
(attachment)
I also tried to set as mac language the one as default (United Kingdom) and the Eclipse keyboard is still the Italian one.
(The italian keyboard appears only using Eclipse, elsewhere the UK/USA keyboard works)
It appears to be a Java Developer Kit problem

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2019 17:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Intropage Quicklink for close intro page
Next Topic:integrating custom help on click of next and previous in custom spring boot wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:20:44 GMT 2024