Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Result after running Executable
Result after running Executable [message #1809858] Thu, 25 July 2019 00:05 Go to next message
Matthew Swanson is currently offline Matthew SwansonFriend
Hello,
I am having a strange issue that I cant seem to solve. I am compiling a test suite for TTCN3 and after compiling all the executable does is print out "test start". I have tried compiling the demo example and it correctly prints out "TTCN-3 Host Controller (parallel mode), version CRL 113 200/6 R6A" when run. I am also able to run the test cases on the eclipse plugin.
The test suite I am working on is also able to correctly run and compile on a colleagues PC with Cygwin and he receives the correct result. I am compiling this suite on a windows VM with virtual box and I am using cygwin. If you need anymore information please let me know. They are also being compiled using the TTCN3-Parallel option. Any help is greatly appreciated I'm sort of at a loss.

Also I tried looking at the exec running with gdb and it seems to be failing some sort of checksum when running. Not sure if that really helps.

Images of me trying to run. (btw Im not actually trying to run the test suites here Im only demonstrating that my executable seems to be compiling incorrectly.)
Re: Result after running Executable [message #1809907 is a reply to message #1809858] Thu, 25 July 2019 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeno Attila Balasko is currently offline Jeno Attila BalaskoFriend

Hi Matthew,

your test.exe was compiled in single mode, thus it could run simple. But its output is strange. A typical single mode titan executable produces an output like this:
$ ./TR_2019_07_ttcn2cpp.exe
TTCN-3 Test Executor (single mode), version CRL 113 200/6 R6A
Execution of control part in module IntX started.
Test case tc_intx_unsigned started.
Test case tc_intx_unsigned finished. Verdict: pass
Test case tc_intx_signed started.
Test case tc_intx_signed finished. Verdict: pass
Test case tc_intx_2scompl started.
Test case tc_intx_2scompl finished. Verdict: pass
Test case tc_intx_record_of started.
Test case tc_intx_record_of finished. Verdict: pass
Test case tc_intx_record started.
Warning: f_dec_intx_rec_part(): Data remained at the end of the stream after successful decoding: 'A0'O
Test case tc_intx_record finished. Verdict: pass
Test case tc_intx_decode_error started.
Test case tc_intx_decode_error finished. Verdict: pass
Execution of control part in module IntX finished.
Verdict statistics: 0 none (0.00 %), 6 pass (100.00 %), 0 inconc (0.00 %), 0 fail (0.00 %), 0 error (0.00 %).
Test execution summary: 6 test cases were executed. Overall verdict: pass

Your demo.exe was compiled in parallel mode. It can be run this way (see UserGuide.pdf/Chapter 4.4):

ttcn3_start demo your.cfg

(If you had installed "expect")

If you don't have expect, the more complicated method should be folllowed according to 4.4

Best regards
Jeno Balasko, Titan Team, Ericsson
Re: Result after running Executable [message #1809922 is a reply to message #1809907] Thu, 25 July 2019 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeno,
Thank you for answering!
Sorry I just wanted to clarify something. So what you are saying is that I compiled my Test.exe in single mode by mistake? My make file is set up to compile it with "ttcn3-parallel" so that confuses me. If it is accidentally being compiled in single mode how should I get it to compile in parallel.
Also I'm not actually having any trouble running the demo.exe I was using it as an example of a what I thought I should expect. The issue is that for some reason my test.exe does not contain any test cases or control parts or anything. All it does is print out "test start". I tried running my colleagues compiled test.exe and that actually outputs what I would expect and it also contains the test cases and control parts. I am pretty sure we are compiling them in the same way.

Also you mentioned that the output was strange, and I agree I've never seen this sort of output before. Do you know why it is outputting that?

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2019 17:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Result after running Executable [message #1809935 is a reply to message #1809922] Thu, 25 July 2019 20:03 Go to previous message
I figured out the issue there the file system im working with is large and I forgot to exclude a test file written that contained a main function that printed 'test start" you can close this thread if you want to.
Previous Topic:Dynamic test case errors with template after replacing a BIT3 with enum
Next Topic:Dual-faced test ports: architectural considerations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:53:09 GMT 2024