Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » How to get notified, that the DataLayer has finished loading data
How to get notified, that the DataLayer has finished loading data [message #1809785] Tue, 23 July 2019 12:03 Go to next message
Klaus Reger is currently offline Klaus RegerFriend
Hello,

I am new to Nattable.

I want to programmatically select all rows, that are displayed in a Table.
Therefore, I need to know that the DataLayer is finished, integrating all data from the GlazedListsEventQueue, if my understanding of the internal function is right.

How can I archieve this kind of information?

Thanks in advance,

Klaus
Re: How to get notified, that the DataLayer has finished loading data [message #1809788 is a reply to message #1809785] Tue, 23 July 2019 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Never heard about a GlazedListsEventQueue so I am not sure what you are talking about. The DataLayer handles what is provided. So there is no event that would indicate any loading mechanism. If you implement a data loading mechanism then you have to fire an event once the operation is done.
Re: How to get notified, that the DataLayer has finished loading data [message #1809840 is a reply to message #1809788] Wed, 24 July 2019 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Reger is currently offline Klaus RegerFriend
From the Documentation:

Quote:

GlazedListsEventLayer
This layer is meant to be used if the backing data source is a GlazedLists instance. Its acts as a listener for the list insert/delete/update events and fires corresponding NatTable events. Hence, the table knows to repaint itself when the underlying data changes.

How can I detect, when the changes in the data-layer are merged in, ore more exactly, when all data is loaded into the NatTable?
Re: How to get notified, that the DataLayer has finished loading data [message #1809843 is a reply to message #1809840] Wed, 24 July 2019 14:29 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Ah you mean the GlazedListsEventLayer not queue.

That layer sends update events all 100ms if a list change happens. There is no way to find out when loading or changes are completely done.

NatTable is a framework for visualizing data, not for loading data. And from its virtual nature it only handles what should be shown.

So I am not sure what you request, but I suppose it is not supported out of the box.
Previous Topic:Sorting Not honoring applied style labels
Next Topic:SelectAll does not select all rows [solved]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:47:59 GMT 2024