Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Creating a Diagram from .uml (Component Diagram)(I want to create a papyrus diagram from .uml file)
Creating a Diagram from .uml (Component Diagram) [message #1809712] Sun, 21 July 2019 23:23 Go to next message
Daniel San Martín is currently offline Daniel San MartínFriend
Hello,

I have made a QVTo transformation from a custom model to an uml mode (Component)l. Now, I need to create the diagram from the resulting uml model and see it in Papyrus. How do I do? I need this process be automatized, even open the diagram in the editor when the uml model is created.

Regards,

[Updated on: Sun, 21 July 2019 23:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating a Diagram from .uml (Component Diagram) [message #1810017 is a reply to message #1809712] Mon, 29 July 2019 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas FAUVERGUE is currently offline Nicolas FAUVERGUEFriend
Hi Daniel,

You have some possibilities to create your diagram:
1. You can create it within your QVTo Transformation as we already did in Papyrus Interoperability for example
2. Or, you can create it programmatically in your code, as we already did in Papyrus example plug-ins for example (this method is a way simple than the previous one)

If you want to have one example, tell me how you want it and i'll share you this one.

HTH,
Nicolas.
Re: Creating a Diagram from .uml (Component Diagram) [message #1810158 is a reply to message #1810017] Thu, 01 August 2019 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel San Martín is currently offline Daniel San MartínFriend
Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply. I am very interesting on the second option. In order to overcome my problem, I created programmatically a transformation from my .uml to PlantUML language and then this tool represents automatically the component diagram. Nevertheless, PlantUml needs DOT which is a third party application. So, if you provide me an example I will be grateful to you.

Currently I am developing in eclipse 2018-12. Is there a problem with it?

You can send me the example as an attachment in this thread.

Regards,

Daniel

Re: Creating a Diagram from .uml (Component Diagram) [message #1810222 is a reply to message #1810158] Mon, 05 August 2019 09:55 Go to previous message
Nicolas FAUVERGUE is currently offline Nicolas FAUVERGUEFriend
Hi,

Sorry for the delay of my reply.
To create component diagram programmatically, you can find the command
CreateComponentDiagramCommand
in the
org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.component
plug-in.
Moreover, can can find an example in the tests plug-in of component diagram : https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git/tree/tests/junit/plugins/uml/diagram/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.component.tests

HTH,
Nicolas.
Previous Topic:Relationship Generic Matrix
Next Topic:State machine diagram using papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:40:07 GMT 2024