Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Installation Error(I'm getting an error when I try to install the Eclipse IDE)
Installation Error [message #1809609] Thu, 18 July 2019 19:37 Go to next message
Howard Stone is currently offline Howard StoneFriend
I'm trying to install the Eclipse 64-bit Windows IDE in preparation for a class tomorrow and I'm getting the following error message:

Internal error:
Registry Directory not available
C:\Users\Howard\.p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry

I've tried to update anyway and still get this error. Please advise and thanks in advance.
Re: Installation Error [message #1809649 is a reply to message #1809609] Fri, 19 July 2019 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Does that file exist on your file system? If this is your first and only install, you could try deleted the .p2 folder and the .eclipse folder in your home directory so that new ones will be created.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Installation Error [message #1809663 is a reply to message #1809649] Fri, 19 July 2019 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howard Stone is currently offline Howard StoneFriend
Thanks for getting back to me. It looks like Eclipse is trying to write to a different user on my PC. As a result, there are errors in the installation. Other than the initial install folder, is there anyway to govern where these files are created?
Re: Installation Error [message #1809673 is a reply to message #1809663] Fri, 19 July 2019 17:27 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The .eclipse and .p2 folders use the value of the Java system property user.home which normally derives from your user account in the environment in which you are logged in. I'm not sure how you could end up with the wrong value. You can run the installer with -vmargs -Duser.home="whatever" but when the installation launches it will still think user.home is somewhere else. So -vmargs -Duser.home="whatever" -Doomph.setup.user.home.redirect=true will also add that -Duser.home option to the eclipse.ini, but the question remains, how can the Java runtime think your home account is the wrong/different one?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:stuck creating Java ME MIDlet (SOLVED)
Next Topic:Report designer giving error while opening
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:05:54 GMT 2024