Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » e(fx)clipse does not recognice javaFX SDK
e(fx)clipse does not recognice javaFX SDK [message #1809578] Thu, 18 July 2019 12:46 Go to next message
Dieter Mai is currently offline Dieter MaiFriend
I'm trying to get e(fx)clipse to work but it seems like connecting this plugin with the sdk is harden then it should be.

When i don't dont use the plugin it is way easier. my java SDK is located at "C:\libs\JavaFX\javafx-sdk-11.0.2" so i create a user library to that points to this location "C:\libs\JavaFX\javafx-sdk-11.0.2\lib" und add the lib to my project and i'm good to go. I also have to attach the doc/source manually which is a bit annoying but ok.

But all this does not give me a syntax help for *.css and *.fxml files, so i want to use e(fx)clipse.

See image 1

This is would i expect should work. unfortunately it does not work and other locations work as much. e(fx)clipse does not give me any indication whether or not the path to my javafx sdk is right or wrong :( but any location seems to be wrong because not only is css/fxml syntax help missing, but also the javafx classes can not be found.

well maybe when the path to my javafx sdk is wrong, what if i edit this directly in the project build path? so i go to project build path, libraries, JavaFX SDK and press edit. what i get is an empty window

See Image 2

Am i doing something wrong? Because i would have thought the only thing i have to do is tell the plugin where the sdk is.
  • Attachment: efxlipse.PNG
    (Size: 27.53KB, Downloaded 225 times)
  • Attachment: efxlipse2.PNG
    (Size: 86.02KB, Downloaded 273 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2019 15:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: e(fx)clipse does not recognice javaFX SDK [message #1809689 is a reply to message #1809578] Sat, 20 July 2019 10:09 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
This is for PDE but should solve your usecase as well https://github.com/eclipse-efx/efxclipse-eclipse/wiki/Eclipse4-application-on-OpenJFX-11 but my suggestion on Java11 onwards is to use maven or gradle
Previous Topic:e4 on JavaFX with maven/gradle and java8
Next Topic:Create JavaFX OSGi Application and package with tycho
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:57:51 GMT 2024