Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Package with uri 'http:///org/eclipse/epf/uma/resourcemanager.ecore' not found(Using Compare with EPF Composer models)
Package with uri 'http:///org/eclipse/epf/uma/resourcemanager.ecore' not found [message #1809546] Wed, 17 July 2019 22:22 Go to next message
Ismael Olea is currently offline Ismael OleaFriend

Hi:

I'm poking a bit with EMF Compare. I'm working with EPF Composer models managed in a git repo so seems Compare is the right tool to manage development collaborations. Well, when trying to make comparatives I get a set of errors like:

Full error descriptions in the anexed log files.

I'm supposing Compare needs to find the UMA ecore metamodels used by EPF Composer. Effectively they not are available in this setting. The Eclipse configuration I'm using with Compare is a brand new one with just the Compare plugins added.

AFAIK the UMA/EPFC plugins are distributed just as an independent application. Maybe I could add them to my Eclipse for Compare instance but really don't have the skills needed yet.

So my questions are:

- Am I right about the need to add the UMA' ecore files?
- If so, what should be the procedure or where to check it?
- or, maybe I'm missing something important? I checked the user guide but don't understood it cover my case.

Sorry if I'm not clear enough. Would be happy to provide more details if required.
  • Attachment: 1.log
    (Size: 3.99KB, Downloaded 118 times)
  • Attachment: 2.log
    (Size: 3.99KB, Downloaded 105 times)
  • Attachment: 3.log
    (Size: 3.99KB, Downloaded 112 times)
  • Attachment: 4.log
    (Size: 3.99KB, Downloaded 105 times)
Re: Package with uri 'http:///org/eclipse/epf/uma/resourcemanager.ecore' not found [message #1809622 is a reply to message #1809546] Thu, 18 July 2019 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well:

I followed an advice and added by hand the related ecore files to the workspace and relaunched Eclipse. I tried comparing again and... good news: now it doesn't break!

The bad news are... this is computing for 10 hours and still didn't finished o_0

The metamodel I'm using weights about 150Kb.

What could I'm doing wrong?

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2019 22:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Package with uri 'http:///org/eclipse/epf/uma/resourcemanager.ecore' not found [message #1809726 is a reply to message #1809622] Mon, 22 July 2019 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hello,

EMF Compare requires the models to be loadable. If you don't have the necessary plugins in your environnement for the models to be opened and loaded as EMF models, then EMF Compare will not work.

In the current case, you need to install the EPF Composer plugins in your eclipse before you can compare the models. Alternatively, you could install EMF Compare in the eclipse you're using EPF Composer with.

Adding only the ecore files in your workspace won't be enough as EMF Compare will also need the code corresponding to these metamodels to be available. You can usually check if the models can be loaded by using the "sample reflective editor" to try and open your models (right-click the model files, "open with" and select the sample reflective editor from the list). I've never used EPF Composer so I don't know if the reflective editor works to open these models.

10 hours to compare is not normal, so I'll assume either the setup is wrong (models can't be completely loaded and/or the plugins aren't properly installed), or there is an issue with the maximum memory allocated to eclipse that prevent the comparison to end.

Laurent
Re: Package with uri 'http:///org/eclipse/epf/uma/resourcemanager.ecore' not found [message #1809739 is a reply to message #1809726] Mon, 22 July 2019 09:03 Go to previous message

Laurent Goubet wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 09:33

EMF Compare requires the models to be loadable. If you don't have the necessary plugins in your environnement for the models to be opened and loaded as EMF models, then EMF Compare will not work.

Ok.

Laurent Goubet wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 09:33

10 hours to compare is not normal, so I'll assume either the setup is wrong (models can't be completely loaded and/or the plugins aren't properly installed), or there is an issue with the maximum memory allocated to eclipse that prevent the comparison to end.

In this case the plugins are not installed at all, so they are our main suspect.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Previous Topic:EMF Compare and Merge (Object)
Next Topic:EMF Compare get Object Attributes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:58:14 GMT 2024