Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Issue with FB SUBSCRIBE (FB SUBSCRIBE isn't working after communication break between two devices)
Issue with FB SUBSCRIBE [message #1809503] Wed, 17 July 2019 05:50 Go to next message
Ashok Rabadiya is currently offline Ashok RabadiyaFriend
Using the 4DAIC v1.10.2, I have created application using PUBLISH_0 and SUBSCRIBE_0 FBs and executing scheme in two different Linux machines.

On start-up both are communicating properly for example Device 1 publishing messages and device 2 is subscribing the published message.

However, If I break Ethernet link by removing Ethernet cable between two device and reconnect again in this condition, Publish FB is working ok But Subscribe FB is not receiving the messages, I can see device1 published message on wire-shark but Subscribe FB is not receiving it.

Can anyone please help on this?
Re: Issue with FB SUBSCRIBE [message #1809567 is a reply to message #1809503] Thu, 18 July 2019 10:13 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hmh. The problem could be that on re-connection no IGMP join membership is sent again. Or maybe something in the UDP/IP stack of your OS is not recreated again. The problem is that currently we have no means to detect such situations. I think the only option you have is to add some kind of watchdog timer (e.g., E_RDELAY) and on time out de-initialise/re-initialise it.
Previous Topic:"External event queue is full, external event dropped!" in forte console
Next Topic:Terminated for publisher and subscriber
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:49:16 GMT 2024