Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Query an EMF model with QVTo(Querying EMF models)
Query an EMF model with QVTo [message #1809499] Wed, 17 July 2019 02:22 Go to next message
Daniel San Martín is currently offline Daniel San MartínFriend
Hello,

I want to query a EMF model in standalone mode. It seems that EMF query does not have this feature.

So, my question is: Can I use qvto for querying and retrieving data from the model?. I ask the same question in QVTo forum (https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1099763/) but I think this forum is more active than the other one.

Regards,

Daniel.

Re: Query an EMF model with QVTo [message #1809692 is a reply to message #1809499] Sat, 20 July 2019 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Yes you can use qvto to query a model, provided you are happy to have the result presented as a model, which might conform to a trivial metamodel containing a Result class and a value property.

Sorry the QVTo forum does get responses, but unfortunately the FUDforum RSS feed is very flaky; your posting has yet to be propagated to my Thunderbird RSS client.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Query an EMF model with QVTo [message #1809714 is a reply to message #1809692] Sun, 21 July 2019 23:30 Go to previous message
Daniel San Martín is currently offline Daniel San MartínFriend
Thank you for the response.

I am using QVTo with Java and the idea was to query the model with QVTo and to get the result in Java in order to manipulate it. So finally, I implemented classic OCL queries and that was enough.

Regards,
Previous Topic:Noticing changes on serialized model
Next Topic:[CDO] How to manually create DDL for schema updates?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:24:18 GMT 2024