Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Absolute Beginner(15 Minute Tutorial - not opening an Eclipse Editor after "RUN AS" : )
Absolute Beginner [message #1809495] Tue, 16 July 2019 23:11 Go to next message
Joseph O'Connor is currently offline Joseph O'ConnorFriend
Hello All:

A Journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step. I have hi hopes, but, start up problems and have a need for what to do next.

I'm wording on a Aspire E-15 Laptop with Linux Mint 18.3. Downloaded and installed Eclipse 2019 - 06. Then installed xtext 2.18.0 as new software.

Attempted the first 5 Minute Tutorial, no luck. No options offered regarding text editors. Went on to the 15 minute tutorial. Again no luck with the eclipse editor opening up. Ran as Eclipse Application, a new instance started, but no editor. I opened my own editor but it had none of the xtext artefact's features. Assuming I did it right, is there any information out there that my set up might require some undocumented step(s)?

Hoping this is a proper posting. Any suggestions? I don't see right now that I did anything wrong.

Joseph
ieNorthernStar
Re: Absolute Beginner [message #1809584 is a reply to message #1809495] Thu, 18 July 2019 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
hi,
can you please describe what you do in the 5 mins tutorial and where your experience differs from the one in the tutorial

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Absolute Beginner [message #1809594 is a reply to message #1809584] Thu, 18 July 2019 15:52 Go to previous message
Tamas Miklossy is currently offline Tamas MiklossyFriend
Do the Xtext Examples shipped with the Xtext framework work for you?
Previous Topic:Auto-Completion cross-reference from a non-xtext model
Next Topic:Exception serializing cross-references
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:38:27 GMT 2024