Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Trace Compass » Multiple instances of trace compas
Multiple instances of trace compas [message #1809382] Mon, 15 July 2019 09:46 Go to next message
Kjeld Flarup is currently offline Kjeld FlarupFriend
I often have two lttng traces which I want to compare. Thus it would be great to run Trace Compas twice, to be able to navigate and compare simultaneously.

However the workspace is locked to ~/.tracecompas and can only be used by one instance.

Anybody have a way to do this.
Re: Multiple instances of trace compas [message #1809467 is a reply to message #1809382] Tue, 16 July 2019 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Genevieve Bastien is currently offline Genevieve BastienFriend
Hi,

You can change the workspace of Trace Compass by setting the environment variable TRACING_RCP_ROOT to another root. That will be 2 completely different workspaces (different projects, different traces, etc)

Also, to navigate and compare traces simultaneously, have you tried the Pin & Clone feature? See the documentation here: https://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/stable/org.eclipse.tracecompass.doc.user/Trace-Compass-Main-Features.html#Pin_and_Clone

Cheers,
Geneviève
Re: Multiple instances of trace compas [message #1809502 is a reply to message #1809467] Wed, 17 July 2019 05:19 Go to previous message
Kjeld Flarup is currently offline Kjeld FlarupFriend
Thanks, these are useful hints for my next debugging.
Previous Topic:Trace compass with GDB trace format.
Next Topic:Runnables are not visible in BTF view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:37:39 GMT 2024