Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse available to all users(eclipse for java for all domain users)
eclipse available to all users [message #1808872] Wed, 03 July 2019 15:48 Go to next message
toffer 96 is currently offline toffer 96Friend
So, I got a about 15 domain devices that I need to install eclipse for use with Java on (short of it is, I work for a business where they want to teach some basic scripting). I log in as a local admin, get the jdk installed, then eclipse, (ver. 4.12.0). Seems to launch just fine. If I install it under my own domain log in, seems to launch just fine. However, if I install it as a local admin, then login as a domain user, here's where the problems start. It should be as simple as setting it to run fine for every single user, but that does not seem to be working.

I get error:

"The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."

Any suggestions?
Re: eclipse available to all users [message #1808888 is a reply to message #1808872] Thu, 04 July 2019 04:11 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
How did you install? Using the installer or unzipping a package? Should I assume you are on Windows?

If you're using the installer you should keep in mind that by default it uses a shared bundle pool which by default is in the user's home folder (so could end up in the admin's home folder of whatever home you were in before assuming admin privileges. If you want to use the installer to created a so-called shared installation you will need to think more carefully about where to locate the bundle pool (or disable the bundle pool option), both of which you can control via the installer's menu. Then it's important that both the folder containing the installation and the folder containing the pool be visible but read-only to the domain user.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Query Sum
Next Topic:Cannot install Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:55:39 GMT 2024