Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Query Sum(Displaying Total from Query)
Query Sum [message #1808829] Tue, 02 July 2019 13:37 Go to next message
Keith Stramler is currently offline Keith StramlerFriend
I have a Tririga query which does a sum of the selected amounts and it displays the total when you run the query. I have made a dataset in Eclipse (Neon) using the query. I want to be able to display the sum that the query creates. I have tried for a few days to use an aggregation to get the sum, however, when the report is viewed, it shows the detail of the amounts, but will not display the aggregated sum. I thought it was because it was picking up some null records, so I put an if statement to allow any null records to be zero, but it still did not work. So I made a Tririga query that creates the sum in the query, but I need to know how to get Eclipse to display the total.

I hope that this makes sense. I could really use some help on this as I am frustrated as to why the aggregation will not display whenever the report runs.

Thank you so much.
Re: Query Sum [message #1808832 is a reply to message #1808829] Tue, 02 July 2019 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Tririga is not provided from Eclipse.org. You should be going through IBM Support, or something similar, for this.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFCZ3
https://developer.ibm.com/answers/topics/TRIRIGA.html?sort=newest

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Query Sum [message #1808866 is a reply to message #1808832] Wed, 03 July 2019 13:38 Go to previous message
Keith Stramler is currently offline Keith StramlerFriend
Thanks, Nitin. However, the Tririga query is just a query, same as any other query to get the data. My issue is in Eclipse. I created a table with the Tririga query binded to it. Whenever the report is viewed, the amounts from the query are shown in the detail correctly. However, when I do an aggregation to sum those amounts, nothing displays. That is basically what I am trying to figure out, is why the aggregation displays nothing. This should be a simple, straight forward calculation, however, nothing I have tried gets the aggregation to display.

If you still feel this is not an Eclipse issue, I apologize, just looking for some type of answer.
Previous Topic:error in eclipse
Next Topic:eclipse available to all users
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:11:11 GMT 2024