Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far?
Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1808758] Mon, 01 July 2019 09:39 Go to next message
joy woo is currently offline joy wooFriend
Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? If they can be support or not?
Thanks!
Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1808788 is a reply to message #1808758] Mon, 01 July 2019 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I have been doing some experiments on an older Mitsubishi C controller. I heard that there are newer versions of that. 4diac FORTE should be able to run there.

We also run 4diac on the open controller series from Siemens (e.g., CPU 1515SP PC).

We didn't had any OMRON controller on the table yet. Therefore I can not say much about it.

In order to run IEC 61499 control programs with 4diac FORTE on a controller we need a C++ compiler and some means to upload the binary and run it on the controller. We are happy to support you here.

BR,
Alois
Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1808790 is a reply to message #1808788] Mon, 01 July 2019 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr. Zoitl, glad to see you again, thanks for your reply again.
another more question, IX source code in forte:
void FORTE_IX::executeEvent(int pa_nEIID){
QO() = QI();
switch(pa_nEIID){
case cg_nExternalEventID:
sendOutputEvent(scm_nEventINDID);
break;
case scm_nEventINITID:
if(true == QI()){
QO() = CProcessInterface::initialise(true); //initialise as input
}
else{
QO() = CProcessInterface::deinitialise();
}
sendOutputEvent(scm_nEventINITOID);
break;
case scm_nEventREQID:
if(true == QI()){
QO() = CProcessInterface::readPin();
}
sendOutputEvent(scm_nEventCNFID);
break;
}
}

i didn't see any assign with IN parameter, how is In parameter assigned?
and if there is any simulation tool when there is not a PLC in my hand?
thanks a lot!

Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1808840 is a reply to message #1808790] Tue, 02 July 2019 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You are welcome.

Regarding your questions with IOs: Depending on your IO system you have to provide drivers for these. Currently we are migrating our IO driver system to a new design where we have a dedicated IO configuration resource in the device where the IO devices are configured and the IO ports assigned to generic names. This generic names are then used with the generic IO FBs (e.g., IX, QW, ...). Examples for these can be found in the emBrick and the Wago modules.

You can emulate quite easily your IOs by hand, or emulated IO behavior with IEC 61499. If you want it more sophisticated you can use our new FMU support where you can connect 4diac FORTE any simulation tool capable of FMU/FMI. Please see the Eclipse 4diac documentation for details.

BR,
Alois
Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1808962 is a reply to message #1808840] Fri, 05 July 2019 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr. Zoitl, can you plz tell me more detail about how to emulated IO on windows? I tried to Use IX fb, when i debugged in forte, i found the reason is IOMapper::registerHandle is not triggerred and IODeviceController or IODeviceMultiController not inited, how can these be triggered?
Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1808981 is a reply to message #1808962] Fri, 05 July 2019 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This strongly depends on how and what you want to mock. The simplest mock would be just not use the FBs and just use monitoring to provide you with manual IO values. The next step would be wrap com fbs in own CFb implementations of our IO FBs and connect a simulation modelled in IEC 61499 to them. Finally you could read the documentation about FMU/FMI and see how you can connect 4diac FORTE to existing simulation tools.
Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1808992 is a reply to message #1808981] Fri, 05 July 2019 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, trigger event force value can do that, i just want to know why IX doesn't work, and how IODeviceController can be inited, Thanks!
Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1808999 is a reply to message #1808992] Fri, 05 July 2019 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The IO FBs currently need to have at least one driver enabled. I don't think we have a default empty driver for testing.
Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1809001 is a reply to message #1808999] Fri, 05 July 2019 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how to enable the driver, i mean the key point, i had read the document (wogo, raspi etc), did i miss something?
Re: Have siemens/Mitsubishi/OMRON PLC been support so far? [message #1809009 is a reply to message #1809001] Fri, 05 July 2019 17:55 Go to previous message

Oh sorry there are several moduls which implement IO drivers.

The following modules are based on the old driver concept
- conmeleon_c1
- i2c_dev
- lms_ev3
- mlpi
- odriod
- piface
- raspberry_sps
- sysfs
- wagokbus

The following modules provide the new modular IO configuration approach:
- embrick