Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » GROUP ACTIVITY(Documentation for GROUP Control/Read)
GROUP ACTIVITY [message #1808405] Mon, 24 June 2019 06:48 Go to next message
Manju Nath is currently offline Manju NathFriend
Hi,

Can anyone guide me to learn the GROUP Control option in OM2M?

I have seen documentation to CRUD the GROUP. But I do not see the details about how to control the group members. For example a group of lights, after grouping them. how to turn ON?

I see that option in the screenshots of the LAMP CONTROL in https://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/Web_Interface, but no details!!

Please let me know how to turn-on/off a group of lights or any other actuators using GROUP option.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: GROUP ACTIVITY [message #1808487 is a reply to message #1808405] Tue, 25 June 2019 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My basic doubt is...

Do we create a group of RESOURCE NODE or do we create a group of URI as shown in the https://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/Web_Interface ?

In other words, to turn ON a group of lights, in the URI we can simply replace the GROUPNAME in place of the individual light name, and send the same command to the group of lights?

The screen shot is confusing me :(

Re: GROUP ACTIVITY [message #1808506 is a reply to message #1808487] Wed, 26 June 2019 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have created a lights group, and then trying to send the light control command for the group members. I am getting the following message for all the group members...

{
"m2m:rsc": 4103,
"m2m:rqi": "123",
"m2m:pc": "Current resource does not have any ACP attached",
"m2m:to": "admin:admin",
"m2m:fr": "/IN-CSE"
}

Any idea, how to over come this?
Re: GROUP ACTIVITY [message #1808511 is a reply to message #1808506] Wed, 26 June 2019 05:00 Go to previous message
Yes. I got it.

I had created a group of type-2 instead of type-3. Now it works!!
Previous Topic:Problem building om2m following step by step cloning guide
Next Topic:Discovery API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:07:54 GMT 2024