Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Help with WindowBuilder
Help with WindowBuilder [message #1808129] Mon, 17 June 2019 23:07 Go to next message
Obelix Pancho is currently offline Obelix PanchoFriend
I am new to Linux. I have used Eclipse Oxygen with WindowBuilder 1.9.0 to build GUI applications.

My current setup is CentOS 7.6, WindowBuilder 1.9.2 JDK 11.0.3

Tried to make a simple Gui App and it gives me error.

Description Resource Path Location Type
EventQueue cannot be resolved GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 15 Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a type GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 9 Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a type GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 19 Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a type GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 38 Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a type GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 38 Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a type GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 39 Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a type GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 40 Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a variable GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 40 Java Problem
The type java.awt.EventQueue is not accessible GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 3 Java Problem
The type javax.swing.JFrame is not accessible GuiTrial1.java /guiTrial1/src/guiTrial1 line 5 Java Problem

I appreciate any help in getting my problem resolved. I have always liked WindowBuilder and do not know if there is another GUI builder like it.

Re: Help with WindowBuilder [message #1808222 is a reply to message #1808129] Wed, 19 June 2019 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
Java 11 uses the module system. Did you create a module-info.java file for your Eclipse project? Swing and AWT classes are in the java.desktop module.
Re: Help with WindowBuilder [message #1824507 is a reply to message #1808222] Thu, 16 April 2020 14:52 Go to previous message
Windy Player is currently offline Windy PlayerFriend
Oh. Look at that. I saved the module-info.java and it fixed the errors..
My Bad. Looks like sometimes you need to save stuff and sometimes not.
I'm new to this.

in April 2020 using Eclipse Version: 2020-03 (4.15.0)
and JavaSE-13, I'm getting the following:

just changed the module-info.java to contain:
module guiExample {

requires java.desktop;
}

and still have these errors:

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
BorderLayout cannot be resolved to a type	MyCalc.java	/GuiExample/src/com/windyweather	line 38	Java Problem
EmptyBorder cannot be resolved to a type	MyCalc.java	/GuiExample/src/com/windyweather	line 37	Java Problem
EventQueue cannot be resolved	MyCalc.java	/GuiExample/src/com/windyweather	line 18	Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a type	MyCalc.java	/GuiExample/src/com/windyweather	line 10	Java Problem
JFrame cannot be resolved to a variable	MyCalc.java	/GuiExample/src/com/windyweather	line 34	Java Problem
JPanel cannot be resolved to a type	MyCalc.java	/GuiExample/src/com/windyweather	line 12	Java Problem
[...]

[Updated on: Thu, 16 April 2020 14:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:WindowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error.
Next Topic:Automated UI tests with WindowBuilder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:01:36 GMT 2024