Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse 2019-03...unusable with gradle?
eclipse 2019-03...unusable with gradle? [message #1808065] Sun, 16 June 2019 15:43 Go to next message
Dean Hiller is currently offline Dean HillerFriend
I have been using both eclipse/intellij for years but recently this 2019-03 seems completely unusable. I imported a project using gradle import. Here are some steps (and below are a BUNCH of things not working)

git clone https://github.com/deanhiller/webpiecesexample-all.git
cd webpiecesexample-all/
git checkout -t origin/basicEclipseTesting

Open up eclipse, choose File->Import...
Wizard pops up, expand gradle folder and choose 'Existing Gradle Project'
In the wizard, after the page where you fill in the Root Project Directory(point to the project above of course), you can just click finish

I go to DevelopmentServer and right click and run and it errors out saying "Selection does not contain a main type"

Pervious version of eclipse worked just fine.

Then I try to run a test and right click on TestLesson2Html and it says "No Junit Tests Found"

Then I open up Server.java and I find the method modifyUserDirForManyEnvironmentsImpl and I tell eclipse open call heirarchy and NOTHING shows up...and you can search the file and find who is calling that.

what is up with this eclipse version or is something horribly wrong with my environment? I am on a MAC and eclipse chose to use my jdk9 version...I am really not sure what is going on but eclipse is totally unusable right now so I am having to use intellij right now.
Re: eclipse 2019-03...unusable with gradle? [message #1808189 is a reply to message #1808065] Tue, 18 June 2019 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

We can't tell if there's something horribly wrong with your environment without you describing it, but I'd suggest trying it with Java 11. Java 9 isn't supported at all any more.

Instead of just clicking Finish as you described, what if you actually click through each page in the wizard? Do you see any error messages?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: eclipse 2019-03...unusable with gradle? [message #1808191 is a reply to message #1808189] Tue, 18 June 2019 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am on MAC OS....is there a way to clear out ALL eclipse versions somehow cleanly to start fresh in case it is somewhere in some file that is not overwritten? (then I can try it all over again). It all works on the last release of 2018. (I am happy to try this all over again and provide more detail).

thanks,
Dean
Re: eclipse 2019-03...unusable with gradle? [message #1808395 is a reply to message #1808191] Sun, 23 June 2019 21:10 Go to previous message
never mind. 2019-06 seems to be working perfect along with jdk 11.0.3...thanks!
Previous Topic:Hello I'm learning java ---- *.java to fxml code
Next Topic:BIRT report/charts integration with dashboard or an application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:27:39 GMT 2024