Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus preference keys(How to find keys for preferences to configure RCP with plugin_customization.ini)
Papyrus preference keys [message #1808062] Sun, 16 June 2019 07:10 Go to next message
Oliver Gardiner is currently offline Oliver GardinerFriend
I have an RCP packaged version of Papyrus so that we can tailor it for internal needs. I have been trawling both Google and the source code to try and find out what the set of keys is to use in plugin_customization.ini to adjust the default preferences but have had no joy thus far.

Is there either a documented list of preference keys for Papyrus, or a way to infer the correct entries for plugin_customization.ini from the source (e.g. org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.preferences.IPreferenceConstants)?

Many thanks,

Oliver
Re: Papyrus preference keys [message #1808064 is a reply to message #1808062] Sun, 16 June 2019 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have been looking through the preferences export and the workspace preferences files in .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings and have managed to make some work in plugin_customization.ini, e.g.:
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/PAPYRUS_EDITOR.rulergrid.snaptogeometry=true
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/DIAGRAM_PapyrusUMLClassDiagram.rulergrid.snaptogeometry=true

However, others that get set in org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences.prefs have no effect at all:
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/Global.enableAnimatedLayout=false
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/Global.enableAnimatedZoom=false
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/Global.showConnectionHandles=false
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/PAPYRUS_NAVIGATION_DECORATOR_VISIBILITY=DISABLED
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/PAPYRUS_NAVIGATION_DOUBLECLICK_KIND=NO_NAVIGATION

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Oliver
Re: Papyrus preference keys [message #1808437 is a reply to message #1808064] Mon, 24 June 2019 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quentin Le Menez is currently offline Quentin Le MenezFriend
Hi Oliver,

I will assume that you knew you could set those from the preferences inside the Papyrus RCP so I'll just tell you what the ones you are mentioning are supposed to do:
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/Global.enableAnimatedLayout=false
- This is used for the animation when executing one of the arrange actions on your diagram. It shouldn't have an impact on anything else.

org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/Global.enableAnimatedZoom=false
- This setup is to enable, as the text suggests, the animation (a progressive increment instead of the direct result) when zooming into a diagram.

org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/Global.showConnectionHandles=false
- I am not familiar with this one so I am afraid I can't really get you a specific answer.

org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/PAPYRUS_NAVIGATION_DECORATOR_VISIBILITY=DISABLED
- This one is unfamiliar to me as well. I'll ask the rest of the team.

org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.preferences/PAPYRUS_NAVIGATION_DOUBLECLICK_KIND=NO_NAVIGATION
- Papyrus allows you to set your own 'hyperlink' to another model/submodel/element. If this is set to false you won't get the popup dialog to control this.
(You can get this through Papyrus> Navigation)

Fwiw, those really should be modified inside the RCP itself or you might get a lot of them having seemingly no effect until you try the right action.
HTH, Cheers,
Quentin
Re: Papyrus preference keys [message #1808485 is a reply to message #1808437] Tue, 25 June 2019 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Quentin,

Many thanks for coming back - to clarify, I'm not talking about the Papryus RCP but an internal RCP with our own extensions. The goal is to have a packaged version of the tool with as much preconfigured as possible. For info, the showConnectionHandles preference controls whether Papyrus shows draggable edge connectors when you hover - I want to turn them off by default because they are very slow to respond and prove distracting. Unfortunately, though, the built RCP seems to completely ignore these settings in plugin_customization.ini and it is not clear to me whether a) it is simply not possible to set these keys in plugin_customization.ini, or b) they can be set but need to be set with different keys.

PS: I have a team of data architects who expect to either get a properties or comments view on double-click and so find the default behaviour confusing!
Re: Papyrus preference keys [message #1809948 is a reply to message #1808485] Fri, 26 July 2019 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chao chen is currently offline chao chenFriend
Take the liberty to ask, how do you build the source code, I have been a problem that many plugins can't find.
Re: Papyrus preference keys [message #1809996 is a reply to message #1809948] Sun, 28 July 2019 08:54 Go to previous message
I based my build on Papyrus IM, which you can check out from Git (I also find it useful to refer to the Papyrus main project - but note that you don't need to build it as you can pull the built core down from the repo). You should be able to set it up so you can run from the PDE or build the RCP with maven
Previous Topic:Code generation for activity diagram
Next Topic:Relationship Generic Matrix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:43:09 GMT 2024