Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can I get closing permissions for a Eclipse project at bugs.eclipse.org?
Can I get closing permissions for a Eclipse project at bugs.eclipse.org? [message #1807889] Tue, 11 June 2019 15:34 Go to next message
Ismael Olea is currently offline Ismael OleaFriend

Hi:

I'm not a project committer but would like to help doing some triage and bug cleaning. I don't have merit to be committer but I've been said project members could gave me those rights just at Bugzilla.

So, is this correct or should I apply to the committer membership?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Can I get closing permissions for a Eclipse project at bugs.eclipse.org? [message #1807891 is a reply to message #1807889] Tue, 11 June 2019 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You only need an Eclipse.org account to work with Bugzilla. With that account you can also commit changes to Gerrit for review in order to actually help fix the bugs. Many projects have Oomph setups to make it easy to set up a development environment for such contributions. As an example, have a look at

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Platform_SDK_Provisioning

To become a committer, you'll need to make some high quality contributions typically via Gerrit commits before being elected by the existing committers...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Can I get closing permissions for a Eclipse project at bugs.eclipse.org? [message #1807892 is a reply to message #1807891] Tue, 11 June 2019 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for the answer.

About the Bugzilla thing, yes, I have an account, but I don't have permission to change bug status, for example. This is what I want to mean.
Re: Can I get closing permissions for a Eclipse project at bugs.eclipse.org? [message #1807894 is a reply to message #1807892] Tue, 11 June 2019 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I think anyone with an account can make changes to Bugzillas. Just check with the teams involved how best you can help them...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Can I get closing permissions for a Eclipse project at bugs.eclipse.org? [message #1807913 is a reply to message #1807894] Wed, 12 June 2019 08:23 Go to previous message

Ok. Thankyou.
Previous Topic:Undo and redo buttons does not appear on toolbar
Next Topic:Eclipse every time crashes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:27:47 GMT 2024