Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Hawk » Native Support for LabVIEW/ Simulink(Extend Hawk to support LabVIEW/Simulink models)
Native Support for LabVIEW/ Simulink [message #1807727] Thu, 06 June 2019 20:31 Go to next message
Saheed Popoola is currently offline Saheed PopoolaFriend
Hi, I'm trying to extend Hawk to support LabVIEW / Simulink models. I would like to know what are the steps (e.g first create a metamodel,then parser , etc) to follow in order to achieve a successful implementation. I would also appreciate any existing example.

Thanks

Saheed
Re: Native Support for LabVIEW/ Simulink [message #1807874 is a reply to message #1807727] Tue, 11 June 2019 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Saheed,

I replied to your email, but I will reply from here as well in case someone else runs into the same question :-).

You'd need to write IMetamodelResourceFactory and IModelResourceFactory implementations for LabVIEW models. You can do them from scratch (as we did for Modelio models [1]), or you could try to map LabVIEW models to EMF and then piggyback on EMF (as we have done for RDM JSON files [2]).

Which option would work best for you? Mapping to EMF is probably the most straightforward, but going straight from LabVIEW would normally have the most flexibility and performance. You will need to define some sort of metamodel for your LabVIEW models in any case.

[1]: https://github.com/mondo-project/mondo-hawk/tree/master/plugins/org.hawk.modelio.exml
[2]: https://gitlab.com/a.garcia-dominguez/hawk-rdm/tree/master/code/uk.ac.aston.log2repo.rdm.hawk

Edit (11 June 2019): fixed [2].

Kind regards,
Antonio

[Updated on: Tue, 11 June 2019 21:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Native Support for LabVIEW/ Simulink [message #1807890 is a reply to message #1807874] Tue, 11 June 2019 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Co is currently offline Jonathan CoFriend
Hi Antonio,

I am interested in your piggybacking solution for EMF as referenced in [2] but am I having trouble finding the example (the link given 404's). Could you please provide an updated reference?

Thanks
Jon
Re: Native Support for LabVIEW/ Simulink [message #1807897 is a reply to message #1807890] Tue, 11 June 2019 21:43 Go to previous message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Sorry, we renamed the plugin and broke the link :-D. Fixed now!
Previous Topic:Call JAVA from HAWK
Next Topic:querying model history
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:21:12 GMT 2024