Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't export library(Trying to use kxml2-2.3.0.jar Classes)
Can't export library [message #1807610] Tue, 04 June 2019 20:43 Go to next message
Larry Landaeta is currently offline Larry LandaetaFriend
I'm trying to use the classes contained in the kxml2-2.3.0.jar file. It is a jar file containing class files arranged in folders to represent the package structure. I added it as an External JAR file, and it appears in the Package Explorer as an entry in the Referenced Libraries section of the project.
When I look inside the jar file created for the project (using 7-Zip), the class files for kxml2-2.3.0.jar are not there. How can I tell Eclipse to include them in the jar file for the project?
I put it in the Build Path, checked it on the "Order and Export" tab. What more do I have to do? Thanks so much for your help!
Re: Can't export library [message #1807613 is a reply to message #1807610] Wed, 05 June 2019 05:37 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If you want it to be included in the export of the project, it would need to be physically nested in the project. But note that I don't think Java generally supports accessing a jar within a jar, so perhaps you need to unzip the jar into a folder in your project and include that folder in the project's build path.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:searching for source code of "Eclipse Installation Details" window
Next Topic:How to publish and subscribe Sensor data by using MQTT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:10:17 GMT 2024