Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius 5->6: Unknown protocol "java" for semanticResources(Oxygen + Sirius 5.1.1.201801311428 -> Photon + Sirius 6.1.2.201902150923 )
Sirius 5->6: Unknown protocol "java" for semanticResources [message #1807114] Wed, 22 May 2019 21:45 Go to next message
Eric Domeshek is currently offline Eric DomeshekFriend
I have some code, models, and representation files I built using Eclipse Oxygen and Sirius 5.1.1.201801311428. I am trying to migrate my project to Eclipse Photon which has Sirius 6.1.2.201902150923 installed. From Photon, when I launch my subordinate Eclipse Application to play with my diagram editors, I get a long stream of error messages in the development Eclipse console saying:

"MESSAGE java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: java"

When I look in my Model.aird, sure enough there are a ton of lines that look like <semanticResources>java:/Objects/org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.Switch</semanticResources> for a ton of different classes.

- Is this a known migration problem?

- Is this something I specifically did in my model (I don't remember and/or didn't know I was embedding object class references in some weird java protocol)?

- Is there a fix?

Thanks for any help.
Re: Sirius 5->6: Unknown protocol "java" for semanticResources [message #1807125 is a reply to message #1807114] Thu, 23 May 2019 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

Are you using Xtext with Sirius?

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Sirius 5->6: Unknown protocol "java" for semanticResources [message #1807136 is a reply to message #1807125] Thu, 23 May 2019 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Domeshek is currently offline Eric DomeshekFriend
I am using Sirius along with a suite of other tooling, though I don't believe I was explicitly using Xtext in the constellation of projects that I'm trying to load here (e.g., we have started using Xtext to define a little template language in another related project that will end up creating and manipulating the same underlying models of concern here). The configuration for which I was running into this problem did not include that project, but did include a project that uses Epsilon extensively, and we're also using Xcore to define all our models.

When I open up the "Plug-in Dependencies" of the base modeling project, I do see a reference to org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib_2.12.0.v20170518-0757.jar
Re: Sirius 5->6: Unknown protocol "java" for semanticResources [message #1807140 is a reply to message #1807136] Thu, 23 May 2019 13:51 Go to previous message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
I don't really know what happened but I don't think it has anything to do with migration. I would bet on an unexpected interaction with xcore/xtext/xbase functionalities and Sirius.

If for you java:/Objects/org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.Switch has nothing to do with a semantic model you are using in your Sirius projects as it seems to me, then just remove all these "semantic resources" from the aird and try to load it.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Parent container going null in SiriusCanonicalLayoutCommand class
Next Topic:Create a container where i can drag and drop another nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:43:57 GMT 2024