Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Button Check existence(Checking non existence of button)
Button Check existence [message #1806950] Sun, 19 May 2019 08:23 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
I am running a Javafx app which at the end of its edit the user saves the data and the 'Save' button disappears. I wish to test that the button has disappeared.

According to the Reference Manual I should use the Concrete Button Component/Check Existence with the parameter Exist set to false.

When I try this on a successful run I get 'Component not found' (see enclosed files in zip file). If I try this when the button exists I get 'Operation not supported by toolkit'.

Am I using the correct component? If so is it true that the Javafx toolkit does not support it?

Any help appreciated
Mike

Files enclosed:
Test specification
Test result
rc_javafx.log
  • Attachment: testfiles.zip
    (Size: 195.92KB, Downloaded 108 times)

Mike Bray
Re: Button Check existence [message #1806953 is a reply to message #1806950] Sun, 19 May 2019 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
OK, I worked it out. I created my own test step which worked.

Mike Bray
Re: Button Check existence [message #1807022 is a reply to message #1806953] Tue, 21 May 2019 10:23 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
You did use the wrong action(ub module) the correct module is "ub_grc_checkExistence". It is not recommend to use the test step directly, since when upgrading to newer Jubula versions test step might change. The checkSelection is only for checking the selection status of Buttons, like if an checkBox is checked.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Previous Topic:Libraries
Next Topic:Working with tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:23:32 GMT 2024