Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Libraries(Creating your own library)
Libraries [message #1806948] Sun, 19 May 2019 06:30 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
I am starting to set up my tests and seem to need to create tests that are duplicates of each other but with different data.

If I create a Test Case and include it in a Test Suite when I update the test case data it updates the test case in the Test Case Browser so if I try and reuse the test case in another set of tests it has the original data.

What I want to do is create a test case that is reused, as with the supplied library, but with different data.

Is it possible to create your own library? If so what steps do I need to do to achieve this?

Thanks
Mike

Mike Bray
Re: Libraries [message #1806955 is a reply to message #1806948] Sun, 19 May 2019 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
It was not obvious but I have created a new 'library' project and set the 'Is Reusable' flag. This made it available in the 'Available Projects' under the 'Used Projects' on my main project. So now I can create incomplete tests in my 'Library' project which are available to the main project.

Though the User and Reference manuals are good for defining the individual steps they are not that easy to use when you are new to Jubula and need to understand the concepts and how to design a testing project.

Mike Bray
Re: Libraries [message #1807021 is a reply to message #1806955] Tue, 21 May 2019 10:22 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Yes "Libraries" are also just projects which can be used by other projects. This is only done via the reusable flag you have described.
Therefore in Jubula there is nothing really like a library. But the concept of re usability between projects.

best regards
Marvin Mueller

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2019 10:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Selecting javafx tableview row
Next Topic:Button Check existence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:00:52 GMT 2024