Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Installer issue
Eclipse Installer issue [message #1806876] Fri, 17 May 2019 00:23 Go to next message
Nadeem Arshad is currently offline Nadeem ArshadFriend
I have a MacBook with OS 10.7.5 (cannot be upgraded any further) and I am trying to install an IDE to start coding. I downloaded the Eclipse Installer and it gives me the following error message:

"Eclipse Installer quit unexpectedly.

Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple"

I continue to click "Reopen" but it fails to open the file. If this is an issue of incompatibility, is there an IDE / text editor that anyone recommends for Mac version 10.7.5? Or can this issue be resolved so that I can start coding with Eclipse?
Re: Eclipse Installer issue [message #1806916 is a reply to message #1806876] Fri, 17 May 2019 14:17 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Two suggestions:

Do you have a recent java installed or are you using the version that existed when your mac was last updated?

You can try older versions of Eclipse that align with your MacOS version. Look at https://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:Run EOL Standalone example
Next Topic:installing on Win10 with Java version 8 but installer could not find java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:42:31 GMT 2024