Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse with ESP-IDF(Eclipse with ESP-IDF)
Eclipse with ESP-IDF [message #1806691] Tue, 14 May 2019 04:14 Go to next message
Ralph S is currently offline Ralph SFriend
Hello,
I'm a beginner and would like to use Eclipse with the ESP-IDF toolchain and have been following the instructions on the Espressif website.

I'm using windows 10-64bit and was instructed during installation that I needed a Java JRE8 which I installed.

Using the link to the installer completed C/C++ installation but I received the error: "the eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library" and after some searching learned that the bundle pool may be the problem. Reinstalling with the bundle pool turned off fixed the problem.

After configuring Ecplise according to the Espressif instructions I tried to build a sample project and received the error:
"IOError: C:/msys32/home/r/esp/esp-idf/Kconfig:59: Could not open '/home/r/esp/esp-idf/components/bootloader/Kconfig.projbuild' (ENOENT: No such file or directory). Perhaps the $srctree environment variable (which was unset) is set incorrectly. Note that the current value of $srctree is saved when the Kconfig instance is created (for consistency and to cleanly separate instances). Also note that e.g. $FOO in a 'source' statement does not refer to the environment variable FOO, but rather to the Kconfig Symbol FOO (which would commonly have 'option env="FOO"' in its definition)."

I then searched for and found several variants on setting up Eclipse for use with the ESP-IDF but in every case I am unable to build and get the same error. I don't understand what the error is telling me and so don't know where to look for a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ralph
Re: Eclipse with ESP-IDF [message #1806697 is a reply to message #1806691] Tue, 14 May 2019 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't think that's an Eclipse hosted project. You should Google to find a forum appropriate for asking questions about it...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse with ESP-IDF [message #1806701 is a reply to message #1806697] Tue, 14 May 2019 07:45 Go to previous message
Ralph S is currently offline Ralph SFriend
Ok, I'll do as you suggest.

I thought the error message generated by Eclipse related to it and not ESP-IDF

Thanks, Ralph
Previous Topic:Automating Hybrid Application (Java Swing +Java FX)
Next Topic:Is it possible to auto generate a source or header file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:20:12 GMT 2024