Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Generate Papyrus diagrams from UML(XMI) file
Generate Papyrus diagrams from UML(XMI) file [message #1806675] Mon, 13 May 2019 16:30 Go to next message
Khoa Nguyen is currently offline Khoa NguyenFriend
Hi,

I am working a model to model transformation by using ATL.
My project transforms the .uml file in a Papyrus model into a new .uml file.
However, I cannot find a way to display the diagrams in Papyrus with the new UML file.

I am sorry if the question is already asked. I am new to Papyrus and have been searching for the solution about a week now.

Thank you.
Re: Generate Papyrus diagrams from UML(XMI) file [message #1806755 is a reply to message #1806675] Tue, 14 May 2019 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Hi,

Try creating a new Papyrus diagram with the same name and location of your UML file. Your model should not be deleted but make a backup as a precaution.
Re: Generate Papyrus diagrams from UML(XMI) file [message #1806765 is a reply to message #1806755] Wed, 15 May 2019 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khoa Nguyen is currently offline Khoa NguyenFriend
Hi Adriano,

I did it, but the notation file is blank. I cannot find a way to generate it? I found some topics talking about this, but none of them gives a proper solution.
I am ok with either using tools or programmatical approach. Can you give me some hints?

Thank you.
Re: Generate Papyrus diagrams from UML(XMI) file [message #1806864 is a reply to message #1806765] Thu, 16 May 2019 14:29 Go to previous message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
What I usually do is the following:

1. Create a Papyrus Model with same name and location as the UML file (but *.di extension). This creates some files and "merges" you UML model into a tree.
2. Open the *.di file with the Papyrus Editor.
3.. Create View (e.g., class diagram). The class diagram will be blank because it is not synchronized with model.
4. In the class diagram right-click / Filters / Synchronized with Model (it becomes "checked"). Nodes should be visible; edges, however, are still not visible.
5. In the class diagram right-click / Filters / Show all related link. Edges should be visible now.

If you update the model you need to repeat everything again since the "connection" with the UML model is lost.

There should be a better way but I am not aware of it. Perhaps someone else could share a better one.
Previous Topic:Activity Partition in Papyrus SysML version 1.3
Next Topic:Use case profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:58:37 GMT 2024