Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Missing Connection Profiles
Missing Connection Profiles [message #1806626] Sun, 12 May 2019 16:37 Go to next message
Marco Guarracino is currently offline Marco GuarracinoFriend
Hello guys!

I'm using Eclipse Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0) and i met something that it's making me really hard to continue with my works.

When working from class/office if i need to start a JPA Project to import my tables i have no problems because when the wizard lands on the Connection Profiles tab i get every profile i could wish for, MySQL included.
index.php/fa/35551/0/
Here at home i get only Generic JDBC and i'm stuck because of this.
How can i config MySQL and all the other profiles i always had on the other pc?

index.php/fa/35550/0/

I read that there should be a Data Tools Platform that should help me setting up these templates for connections but i get 0 results when looking for it on marketplace and i'm kind of lost since apparently noone has this same problem on the web.

Please help me!

Re: Missing Connection Profiles [message #1806695 is a reply to message #1806626] Tue, 14 May 2019 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm really not sure which specific installed features contribute those. But you can look at your installation where you have them and use Help -> About... -> Installation Details to see what you have installed. No doubt those are on the release train so if you do Help -> Install New Software and find the /releases/*** site, you should be able to find the contributions you need to install, no doubt under the "Database Development" category.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Missing Connection Profiles [message #1832681 is a reply to message #1806695] Wed, 23 September 2020 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheNeandertaler Mising name is currently offline TheNeandertaler Mising nameFriend
The same happened for me, no items to choose, but after installing Database Development( Help-Install new Software ...), + a restart, the items to choose appeared and I manageg to make a new Connection.

index.php/fa/38966/0/

[Updated on: Wed, 23 September 2020 09:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Missing Connection Profiles [message #1839789 is a reply to message #1806695] Mon, 29 March 2021 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prithvi sharma is currently offline prithvi sharmaFriend
i am having same problem, can you be a little precise and explain the solution again ?
need it urgently
Re: Missing Connection Profiles [message #1851820 is a reply to message #1839789] Mon, 18 April 2022 18:30 Go to previous message
Ankit Singh is currently offline Ankit SinghFriend
I also had the same problem. So I installed the Eclipse Data tool platform (DTP).
from here {https://www.eclipse.org/datatools/downloads.php}.
then copy the link of latest DTP update site.
go to eclipse Help->install Update-> paste the link and downlaod all plugins,
then restart the eclipse
  • Attachment: dt1.png
    (Size: 95.93KB, Downloaded 266 times)
Previous Topic:Query on which adoptopenjdk/adoptium Temurin version has log4j2 vulnerabilities
Next Topic:Installation steps for installing eclipse on Citrix servers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:36:53 GMT 2024