Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Cannot create control flows between activities (SySML activity diagrams)
Cannot create control flows between activities [message #1806426] Wed, 08 May 2019 20:09 Go to next message
Ben Benford is currently offline Ben BenfordFriend

New to Papyrus. I cannot create control flows between activities in a SysML activity diagram . I place two activites on an activity diagram and then select "Control Flow" in the pallet and try to link the two activities and it will not let me do it. I must have some setting wrong as I tested linking the initial node to the final node as a test and the connection drew fine. Using Papyrus version 2019-03 (4.11).

Re: Cannot create control flows between activities [message #1806964 is a reply to message #1806426] Mon, 20 May 2019 09:10 Go to previous message
Nicolas FAUVERGUE is currently offline Nicolas FAUVERGUEFriend
Hi,

In the UML Norm, you can find : 'A ControlFlow is an ActivityEdge traversed by control tokens or object tokens of control type, which are use to control the execution of ExecutableNodes.'
The 'Activity' object is not an ExecutableNode so you cannot link Acitivites with 'Control Flow' edge.

HTH,
Nicolas
Previous Topic:Use case profile
Next Topic:Missing class while trying to generate Activity Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:48:57 GMT 2024