Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » EMF Element Binding to TreeViewer
EMF Element Binding to TreeViewer [message #1806175] Sun, 05 May 2019 00:14 Go to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hello,

I am using the below code snippet to show the model contents in a treeviewer. This works fine as I give the whole eResource as the input! However, I need to show only some part of the model, so I don't wanna start from the root of the model! I tried to give the element as the input but it doesn't work when I input an element in treeviewer's setinput (). Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Parsa

composedAdapterFactory = new ComposedAdapterFactory(ComposedAdapterFactory.Descriptor.Registry.INSTANCE);
		composedAdapterFactory.addAdapterFactory(new ResourceItemProviderAdapterFactory());
		composedAdapterFactory.addAdapterFactory(new FormlItemProviderAdapterFactory());
		composedAdapterFactory.addAdapterFactory(new ReflectiveItemProviderAdapterFactory());

Tree tree = new Tree(this, SWT.SINGLE);
		TreeViewer tv = new TreeViewer(tree);
		tv.setContentProvider(new AdapterFactoryContentProvider(composedAdapterFactory));
		tv.setLabelProvider(new AdapterFactoryLabelProvider(composedAdapterFactory));

//HOW TO GIVE AN ELEMENT AND NOT THE RESOURCE HERE ?
		tv.setInput(FPC_SingletonData.getCurrentRoleable().eResource());

[Updated on: Sun, 05 May 2019 00:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EMF Element Binding to TreeViewer [message #1806177 is a reply to message #1806175] Sun, 05 May 2019 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure what you mean by "it doesn't work" but likely the issue is that the input object x itself is not displayed in the tree but only result of the content provider's getElements(x). So if x is a resource, as in your case, resource.getContents() are shown in the tree. A handy trick is to use viewer.setInput(new ItemProvider(Collections.singleton(x))), so that x itself is displayed in the viewer.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: EMF Element Binding to TreeViewer [message #1806195 is a reply to message #1806177] Mon, 06 May 2019 00:16 Go to previous message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Great help. Thanks Ed.
Previous Topic:Synchronization in ValidateAction's Diagnostician
Next Topic:How to find if two model elements have the same children?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:05:48 GMT 2024