Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Stereotype Icons in State Chart Diagram(In Eclipse Neon Icons of Stereotypes are not displayed in States of State Chart Diagrams)
Stereotype Icons in State Chart Diagram [message #1806107] Thu, 02 May 2019 17:07 Go to next message
Philip Schröder is currently offline Philip SchröderFriend
Hello,
I know there are already plenty of topics about Icons of stereotypes, but I didn't find any answer to my question and was not sure, if the people asking even ment what I do.

So, I am currently working in Eclipse Neon.3 Release 4.6.3; I am not sure which version of Papyrus I have. In Eclipse Help -> About Eclipse -> Installation Details -> Features it says Papyrus UML Modeller Version 2.0.3.201...

I have defined a UML profile with stereotypes, all with different colored markers,
similar to the screenshot (the screenshot shows kind shape, I have also tried icon, to no avail)

index.php/fa/35448/0/

Now I want to create a state chart diagram, and I thought, in Properties Window -> Appearance -> Stereotype Display I could somehow make some settings so that the icon would show instead of the <<Stereotypename>>, I expected something like this

index.php/fa/35449/0/

but whatever I do it stays like this

index.php/fa/35450/0/

I probably could add a CSS-File and somehow try to hack my way through, but I am not sure what those icons are for at all, if I cannot show them in the diagram.
They show up in the Model Explorer and in the Properties Window, as long as I only apply a single one, but I have yet to see one in the actual diagram.

I also tried changing the size to 16x16, that didn't change anything.
I would be thankful for any hint.

Best regards

Philip.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2019 17:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Stereotype Icons in State Chart Diagram [message #1806229 is a reply to message #1806107] Mon, 06 May 2019 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello Philip,

I have the feeling that during the profile definition you have to define the Location field of the Icon even if you define the content. For example if the picture is in a folder you have to put "folderName/iconName.png" in the Location field.

HTH,
Pauline
Re: Stereotype Icons in State Chart Diagram [message #1806439 is a reply to message #1806229] Thu, 09 May 2019 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Philip,

According to your screenshots, icons are hidden completely; so it's not even a matter of whether the default (UML) icon or the custom (Stereotype) one is used.

In the appearance tab of your stereotyped states' properties, make sure that "Show element icon" is checked. I believe the default behavior in Papyrus is that the diagram icon should be the same as the Model Explorer one, when no additional customization is provided.

In any case, only one icon will be displayed on the diagram, next to the label (Usually to the left side of the label), so you still won't get exactly the results you expect

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Stereotype Icons in State Chart Diagram [message #1806601 is a reply to message #1806439] Sat, 11 May 2019 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the answers,
I will try that idea of Pauline with the location, but anyway what I wanted, was having a possibility for several icons to show, not just one.

Concerning Camilles answer, you might see, that there is a checkbox checked beneath the Stereotype display table of the last screenshot.
It may be hard to see, due to my color theme, but it is actually the box for 'Element icon'.
But what I had in mind was actually something completely different in my opinion.
I didn't want the icon of the state to change, I wanted the icons of the stereotypes show up in the state. As I see it, this has nothing to do with the states icon.
But anyway, thank you for having the courage to answer.

Probably I will open a new feature branch for Papyrus and develop what I want myself.

Greetings

Philip.

Re: Stereotype Icons in State Chart Diagram [message #1807777 is a reply to message #1806601] Sun, 09 June 2019 09:20 Go to previous message
Hmm, I guess this will take quite some time.
Not that I couldn't write the code, but there seem to be so many hurdles before one can even start to write code.

For instance, why do they need my postal address when I only want to provide code for a project? I don't feel like providing all my data, when I have no idea what they are going to do with it. Also I don't understand why they would ever need my postal address.
Previous Topic:Extend Navigate Menu
Next Topic:How to get Diagram from EditPart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:27:36 GMT 2024