Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » ReadFile cannot be resolved to a type (ERROR)
ReadFile cannot be resolved to a type (ERROR) [message #1806104] Thu, 02 May 2019 16:20 Go to next message
Pedro Garcia is currently offline Pedro GarciaFriend
index.php/fa/35447/0/
Hi, I'm getting this error and I can't solve it, can you help me? The errors appear in ReadFile ("ReadFile can not be resolved to a type") and WriteFile ("WriteFile can not be resolved to a type").

best regards
  • Attachment: Bug.jpg
    (Size: 129.38KB, Downloaded 1129 times)
Re: ReadFile cannot be resolved to a type (ERROR) [message #1806119 is a reply to message #1806104] Fri, 03 May 2019 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This all looks quite bogus. I.e., your file_name has escaped " characters, so that's not likely to ever work. And there are no imports of ReadFile/WriteFile so of course they don't resolve. Where are you expecting Eclipse to find the corresponding classes for those?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: ReadFile cannot be resolved to a type (ERROR) [message #1806131 is a reply to message #1806119] Fri, 03 May 2019 09:12 Go to previous message
Pedro Garcia is currently offline Pedro GarciaFriend
hello, thank you for the help :)

I've tried to import but I'm not getting it.
My goal is, i'm doing tests with selenium and I'm getting the output to be directed to a text file, I need it every time I start the test (run) create a text file with the same name and with yyyy.MM.dd / hh: mm: ss, but I could not do that.
The second option was to write everything in the same file. And whenever it runs the code it separates by time and date.
If you can help me.
Previous Topic:Eclipse JEE 2019-03 update failure
Next Topic:Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:12:50 GMT 2024