Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » HoverFeedbackPart
HoverFeedbackPart [message #1805502] Tue, 16 April 2019 11:43 Go to next message
Shenwei Zheng is currently offline Shenwei ZhengFriend
Hello,

In HoverFeedbackPart is the visual with an effect defined. The default effect is DropShadow. How could we apply another hover effect?
I extended a customer HoverFeedbackPart and overrode the method getHoverFeedbackEffect. But I noticed that the HoverFeedbackPart is hard coded in DefaultHoverFeedbackPartFactory. Is it possible to make it configurable like the color or geometry provider? Thank you.

Bests
Shenwei Zheng
Re: HoverFeedbackPart [message #1805850 is a reply to message #1805502] Thu, 25 April 2019 12:17 Go to previous message
Matthias Wienand is currently offline Matthias WienandFriend
Hi Shenwei,

DefaultHoverFeedbackPartFactory asks the Guice injector to create an instance of HoverFeedbackPart. Therefore, the actual implementation can be exchanged by binding HoverFeedbackPart to a subclass.

class Module {
  configure() {
    bind(HoverFeedbackPart.class).to(CustomHoverFeedbackPart.class);
  }
}

If this is not sufficient in your case, then you have to exchange the factory and create your custom feedback part there.

I am not a big fan of the provider mechanism, because it clutters the module with verbose bindings. However, you are correct that it would be easier to exchange if done like that. I will think about this.

Best regards,
Matthias
Previous Topic:Resize of SVGPaths
Next Topic:GEF 5: Allow only some Connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:17:52 GMT 2024