Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Is there a command line argument or an API to access the dominator tree in Eclipse MAT analyzer tool
Is there a command line argument or an API to access the dominator tree in Eclipse MAT analyzer tool [message #1805267] Wed, 10 April 2019 15:14 Go to next message
Swapnil Dev is currently offline Swapnil DevFriend
I am trying to analyze a Java heap dump file in ".hprof" format with the help of Eclipse standalone MAT analyzer tool. I am trying to do this programmatically through command line.I want to access the dominator tree that is generated in Eclipse after analyzing a heap dump file. Is there a command line argument or an API that I can use to access this dominator tree from outside Eclipse GUI?

(a) http://wiki.eclipse.org/MemoryAnalyzer/FAQ#How_to_run_on_64bit_VM_while_the_native_SWT_are_32bit (b) https://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.mat.ui.help%2Fdoc%2Findex.html

After going through the above two resources, I found that I could use the below command line arguments to parse the hprof initially and then generate the leak report in ZIP format:

(i) org.eclipse.mat.api.parse: For parsing the hprof file (ii) org.eclipse.mat.api:suspects: For creating a ZIP file containing the leak suspect report (iii) org.eclipse.mat.api:overview: For creating a ZIP file containing the overview report (iv) org.eclipse.mat.api:top_components: For creating a ZIP file containing the top components report.

But I am not able to find any similar command line argument through which I can access the dominator tree. I am using the below command line to initially parse the hprof file and then generate the leak suspects report:

ParseHeapDump.sh (path to hprof file) org.eclipse.mat.api:suspects

I expect a similar command line argument or an API that can help to access the dominator tree outside Eclipse GUI.
Re: Is there a command line argument or an API to access the dominator tree in Eclipse MAT analyzer [message #1814278 is a reply to message #1805267] Sun, 08 September 2019 07:15 Go to previous message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
I think you would need to write your own MAT report to do this.

See How to write MAT Custom Reports? [message #1798391]

The query to run from the report is 'dominator_tree'
Previous Topic:Pie chart does not display in overview tab of Memory Analyzer
Next Topic:What do mean Ref as Table in Mat ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:01:01 GMT 2024