Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Add viewpoint to Sirius server and use it(How can i add custom viewpoints to running sirius server and use them.)
Add viewpoint to Sirius server and use it [message #1805257] Wed, 10 April 2019 12:56 Go to next message
Jef Stegen is currently offline Jef StegenFriend
Hello all,

I am not an expert but currently i am looking for ways to add viewpoints to the Sirius server and trying to run them. I managed to get the server running in a docker image by following documentation:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/plugins/gitiles/sirius/org.eclipse.sirius/+/master/plugins/org.eclipse.sirius.server/README.md

When i access the server on my browser it looks like the following:

index.php/fa/35269/0/

There are 29 metamodels but no viewpoints available yet. I now want to add the basicfamily viewpoint to this server. Within the documentation there is a description of a docker file which allows to customize the server:

FROM eclipsesirius/sirius-server:latest

RUN ./sirius-server -clean -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -noSplash -repository "http://www.example.org/updatesite" -installIU "org.example.feature.feature.group" -vmargs -Djava.awt.headless=true

EXPOSE 8080
ENTRYPOINT ["./sirius-server"]

This allows to install a feature from an update site. Is this what i need to add the viewpoints?
I made an update site from the basicfamily sirius model (zip file) and placed it in the docker file. Inside of a container i wanted to install the updatesite as following:
./sirius-server -clean -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -noSplash -consoleLog -repository "file:///home/developer/sirius-server/updateSites/basicFamilyUpdateSite" -installIU "org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily" -vmargs -Djava.awt.headless=true

However when i do this i get the message that no repository is found:
index.php/fa/35273/0/

Is this the right way of adding viewpoints to the server? And if yes, what is going wrong?
Looking forward to some feedback. Hopefully my question is clear.
Kind regards,
Jef

Re: Add viewpoint to Sirius server and use it [message #1805647 is a reply to message #1805257] Fri, 19 April 2019 14:10 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

What you are doing is indeed the proper way to add your odesign and its viewpoints to the server. It appears from the error messages that the URL of your update site is not working.
You should try with an update site deployed on a HTTP Server.

Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo
Previous Topic:Create an own node type
Next Topic:Getting java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:47:51 GMT 2024