Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to serialize the object (How to serialize the object )
How to serialize the object [message #1805223] Wed, 10 April 2019 08:54 Go to next message
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
I am having sirius and xtext editor. Any change from the sirius diagram not reflecting in xtext editor. i am getting exception like java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not serialize EObject via backtracking. .then i checked is transient value ,it is returning true. i tried to change the value by extending the class DefaultTransientValueService but it is giving exceptions. can any one help me how to serialize the objects.
Re: How to serialize the object [message #1805241 is a reply to message #1805223] Wed, 10 April 2019 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Please provide a minimal metamodel, grammar and unit test

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How to serialize the object [message #1806064 is a reply to message #1805223] Thu, 02 May 2019 04:00 Go to previous message
Naveen R is currently offline Naveen RFriend
The problem is most likely the one described here:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/367763/

As far as I understood it, the parser in the current code tries to serialize an empty element.
Usually the element is created implicitly on the first access to a member . But since there is no such elements, the EMF object itself is also not created.
Adding
{Element}
will explicitly create the EMF object at the beginning of serializing the rule and therefore it is then present and the serializer is happy :).

[Updated on: Wed, 08 May 2019 05:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:What Industry Wants from Academia in Software Modeling
Next Topic:indir in grammer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:31:39 GMT 2024