Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Where is Eclipse after installation?(If I close down eclipse after the first launch, I can't find it on my computer)
Where is Eclipse after installation? [message #1805104] Sun, 07 April 2019 07:14 Go to next message
Anna Francesconi is currently offline Anna FrancesconiFriend
Hi!
I need help to understand this.
So I've installed java and eclipse, and after first installation of eclipse it works. But if I close that window and then later want to open it again I can't find it on my computer (which uses windows 10).

Apparently, it seems to be in some kind of hidden directory under C:/Users/<user_name>, but it doesn't show up even if I tell the computer to reveal hidden directories.

What should I do?
Re: Where is Eclipse after installation? [message #1805105 is a reply to message #1805104] Sun, 07 April 2019 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I assume you used the installer? The installer provides an option to create a desktop/menu link on Windows. It also let's you choose where to install it and to change that. If you've not created those links and didn't pay attention to where you were installing it, then it's no doubt in folder in your home folder, e.g., C:/Users/<user-name>/jee-2019-03 where the folder name depends on which product/package you installed and which version of it.

So look in your home folder for a folder that in turn contains a folder called "eclipse" that in turn contains the file "eclipse.exe".

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Where is Eclipse after installation? [message #1805242 is a reply to message #1805105] Wed, 10 April 2019 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anna Francesconi is currently offline Anna FrancesconiFriend
Hi, and thank you for answering.
Unfortunately, I've already done all that. The folder eclipse, doesn't show up in C:/Users/<user_name> even if it should be there. If I use "open in system explorer", then I can see the folders, but then I would have to keep the installation-window open at all times...
Re: Where is Eclipse after installation? [message #1805262 is a reply to message #1805242] Wed, 10 April 2019 14:12 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
No, as I said, it will be <product-name><version-name-or-number>/eclipse that's in your user folder. In the worst case, search for eclipse.exe starting in your home folder. I can only guess based on what the defaults are. If you changed that only you know where to look.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Jetty version 9.3.9 Date header
Next Topic:Parameter Validation check
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:56:33 GMT 2024