Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Save Emf probleme with many reference to save(EMF Ecore save)
Save Emf probleme with many reference to save [message #1804842] Tue, 02 April 2019 08:04 Go to next message
Quentin Vaccaro is currently offline Quentin VaccaroFriend
Hi,

I use a Ecore model for generate domain code for my application.
In this model i have many Reference to a Object locate in a other file whom i don't know the path before i start the application.

This is a exemple of the persisting file,
index.php/fa/35186/0/

I use save provide by emf on ecore
		Resource resource = resourceSet.getResource(uri, true);
		resource.getContents().clear();
		resource.getContents().add(this.model);

final Map<Object, Object> saveOptions = new HashMap<Object, Object>();

try {
			String timeColonPattern = "HH:mm:ss SSS";
			DateTimeFormatter timeColonFormatter = DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern(timeColonPattern);
			LocalTime localTime = LocalTime.now();
			System.out.println("begin save :" + localTime.format(timeColonFormatter));
			resource.save(saveOptions);
			localTime = LocalTime.now();
			System.out.println("end save :" + localTime.format(timeColonFormatter));
		} catch (IOException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

When i have a little model , there no problem the saving is quick and work, but when i have to save a bigger model, as the example the file write 50 000 lines and it's take 10/15 min .
So i remove all the reference, i replace by a string and it's take less than 1 sec to save.

The problem is that i need this reference to the object, but i don't want to wait 15min all the time i want to save, same for the load.

How can i do that ? if is possible to not change the Ecore model ?
  • Attachment: exemple.png
    (Size: 13.00KB, Downloaded 206 times)
Re: Save Emf probleme with many reference to save [message #1805013 is a reply to message #1804842] Thu, 04 April 2019 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You should measure it with a profiler such as YourKit. A poor-man's approach is to periodically stop the thread and see what it's doing at that point and hope you find the slow thing because it's so long/often on the stack. You're hrefs suggest that each referenced object is in the root of a separate resource so are there really such a huge number of resources involved?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Save Emf probleme with many reference to save [message #1805021 is a reply to message #1805013] Thu, 04 April 2019 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Your model looks to be very flat so you may be experiencing the quadratic URI allocation reported in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=544951

You can workaround the problem by allocating the URIs yourself in linear time in a Save helper. org.eclipse.ocl.pivot.internal.resource.PivotSaveImpl uses an AS2ID class to assign xmi:id values in a deterministic semantically sensitive fashion. It may give you some ideas for a simple allocation. (You only need a complicated allocator if you want auto-generated xmi:id values to be substantially unchanged after a model change.)

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Save Emf probleme with many reference to save [message #1805027 is a reply to message #1805021] Thu, 04 April 2019 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
How can his save operation in any way relate to a bug about an unload operation? I don't see any use of IDs, xmi or otherwise in his example. This just seems like unhelpful noise from your soap box...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Save Emf probleme with many reference to save [message #1805040 is a reply to message #1805027] Thu, 04 April 2019 17:55 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Both save and unload allocate all the URIs.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Loading different models concurrently synchronisation.
Next Topic:Is there a "CanAdd" API?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:26:37 GMT 2024