Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » CN and CCN Type in umldi types configuration
CN and CCN Type in umldi types configuration [message #1804529] Thu, 28 March 2019 11:25 Go to next message
Simon Kuzin is currently offline Simon KuzinFriend
Dears,

I've noticed that Papyrus umldi types configuration on top of configurations for Shape types includes their replicas , suffixed with CN and CCN.
E.g.
Actor Shape
Actor Shape CN
Actor Shape CCN

What is semantics and purpose of CN and CCN types?
Re: CN and CCN Type in umldi types configuration [message #1804531 is a reply to message #1804529] Thu, 28 March 2019 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Simon,

This is mostly an artifact from the GMF-Tooling code generation, which distinguishes nodes that can be added on the Diagram Root ("Top Level Nodes") and Nodes which should be added in a Compartment ("Child Nodes"). "CN" means "Child Node". Both Top-Level and Child nodes are generated all the time, even when they are identical in practice (Most Top-level nodes have a Child Node variant)

Regarding CCN, I'm not sure; they probably shouldn't exist at all (A Child Node's Child is still just a Child Node; there is no need for additional levels of recursion).

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: CN and CCN Type in umldi types configuration [message #1804535 is a reply to message #1804531] Thu, 28 March 2019 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Camille.
That makes it clearer a bit.

Should a take any special care about CN/CNN types, when defining DI type config for my DSML?
Re: CN and CCN Type in umldi types configuration [message #1804541 is a reply to message #1804535] Thu, 28 March 2019 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Simon,

It depends on what you want to do with your element types. Basically, Notation Types in Element Types are only used at creation time (i.e. from the Palette), as they help defining which elements are valid containers for your new elements, and how to create the Notation View for that element.

Once elements have been created, the Element Type only worries about the semantic element.

So:

- You only have to create one semantic element type per element (Regardless of its representation in a diagram)
- You need to create as many specialization types as necessary to create these elements in various diagrams, if you mean to provide a custom palette (Similar to what org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.service.types/model/umldi.elementtypesconfigurations does). Here, you need to have variants for at least Top Level vs Child nodes.

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: CN and CCN Type in umldi types configuration [message #1804545 is a reply to message #1804541] Thu, 28 March 2019 14:40 Go to previous message
Thanks Camille, got it.
I believe we may consider this topic being fully clarified.

I'm currently trying to prototype a simple DSML with 1 stereotype and palette, allowing to add stereotyped elements to Class Diagram.
I've configured profile, semantic, notation type definitions and custom palette. So i'm able to use my custom palette tool to add element on class diagram.
Here i stuck with the custom tool not applying my custom stereotype to the added element.
However this already a topic of other thread DSML. Struggling to configure Apply Stereotype Advice
Previous Topic:How to customise properties view in Papyrus 2018-12
Next Topic:Create Sub Model cause erroneous class diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:47:26 GMT 2024