Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » SVBR ecore model
SVBR ecore model [message #1804483] Tue, 26 March 2019 17:57 Go to next message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Hi,

I have been trying for some time now to convert OMG's SBVR XMI metamodel to an Ecore model.

So far I have been unsuccessful. I have tried the solution mentioned here and here, but in the end I get the same "uri http://schema.omg.org/spec/MOF/2.0/cmof.xml not found".

Luckily, I was to find an Ecore model for SBVR in the Eclipse archives. More specifically, under https://archive.eclipse.org/archived_projects/sbvr.tgz and then "sbvr\source\code\plugins\org.eclipse.sbvr.xmi\model\sbvr.ecore,v".

This Ecore model, unfortunately, is for the 2007 version.

For those, like me, struggling to get this Ecore model (2007 version), it goes attached.

Can anyone provide the Ecore model for the latest version? Thank you.

Best regards,
Adriano Carvalho
  • Attachment: sbvr.ecore
    (Size: 175.34KB, Downloaded 79 times)
Re: SVBR ecore model [message #1804499 is a reply to message #1804483] Wed, 27 March 2019 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Your references clearly discuss the problem for precisely this file as the file extension. If I change the file extension to *.xmi it opens fine for me.

Validating gives 8 errors on unresolved CMOF variants of Boolean/Integer. You could raise a Bugzilla for the failure of the CMOF import to normalize them, but since CMOF is totally dead except for dinosaur OMG specifications that insist on outdated UML 1.x serialization, I doubt there will be much enthusiasm for a fix.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: SVBR ecore model [message #1804503 is a reply to message #1804499] Wed, 27 March 2019 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Hi,

I also get those 8 errors on unresolved CMOF variants. And that makes me unable to convert it to Ecore.

Could these errors be solved by replacing those CMOF variants with other ones?
I could try to provide a fix. What would be the necessary steps?

Best regards,
Adriano Carvalho
Re: SVBR ecore model [message #1804513 is a reply to message #1804503] Wed, 27 March 2019 17:34 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Loading the CMOF is the hard bit. That done you can save as UML, adjust the CMOF Primitives to UML Primitives, then you can probably convert to Ecore.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:CSV Resource implementation for EMF
Next Topic:Desktop application using EMF but not using Eclipse RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:02:43 GMT 2024