Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Unable to test Mosquitto broker(mosquitto_sub returns "Connection Refused: not authorised.")
Unable to test Mosquitto broker [message #1804222] Wed, 20 March 2019 16:47 Go to next message
Donny Bahama is currently offline Donny BahamaFriend
I'm totally new to all this but I have Mosquitto running in a Docker container on a Raspberry Pi. Portainer reports "Running for 10 hours". I opened a terminal on my main PC (Linux Mint), ssh'd into the RPi , and ran mosquitto_sub -d -t testTopic
It returns:
Client mosqsub/6490-MicroSrv-P sending CONNECT
Client mosqsub/6490-MicroSrv-P received CONNACK
Connection Refused: not authorised.

I suspect this is caused by the fact that, after installing the client, at no point did I specify the username and password I setup when installing the broker - but I have no idea how/where to do that.

I really just want to test/confirm that the broker is running/working. If there's a better way, please let me know.
Re: Unable to test Mosquitto broker [message #1804455 is a reply to message #1804222] Tue, 26 March 2019 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger Light is currently offline Roger LightFriend
Sorry for the delay replying, I don't monitor this forum much.

If you installed the eclipse-mosquitto docker image then by default it is configured without authentication, you have to then set that up yourself. If you haven't configured authentication then I don't know what the problem is right now. Did you use the eclipse-mosquitto image, or a different one?
Re: Unable to test Mosquitto broker [message #1804490 is a reply to message #1804455] Tue, 26 March 2019 23:14 Go to previous message
Donny Bahama is currently offline Donny BahamaFriend
Disregard. I figured it out.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 March 2019 23:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:sql based authentication and authorization
Next Topic:Received MQTT data from a subscribed topic on text file.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:37:42 GMT 2024