Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to manage control of Jubula test execution
How to manage control of Jubula test execution [message #1804205] Wed, 20 March 2019 11:04 Go to next message
Kairus Chris Denoy is currently offline Kairus Chris DenoyFriend
Hi, I have a custom tool to test an application using the Jubula API. I have test environments on 2 PCs. On one PC, the execution goes smoothly, however, on the other, the execution is very fast. Too fast to a point where the clicking/inputting event gets mixed up before the mouse could finish moving over the component.

I have attached a sample image on my login below. It starts with "window-001.png" then before the mouse focuses on the password, the first character of the password is appended on the username. Sometimes it would screw up the cursor that it'd highlight the input of the username. Sometimes it would end up successfully clicking the login button but the button was not actually clicked.

It is a seriously weird case, but is there a way to manage this??

If anyone asks for specs, both are virtual machines with 4GB RAM with around 2GHz processor. The difference is that, one is QEMU and the other is KVM. Using Jubula 8.6.0.262
Re: How to manage control of Jubula test execution [message #1804242 is a reply to message #1804205] Thu, 21 March 2019 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello,

On which Machine is that a Problem? I know that we had this kind of Issue because Jubula could not verify the mouse movement or click and it took longer to select the new field(or other things). The solution on our side was to add a delay in between, this is not the best solution, but in our case it was not possible to reliably confirm the mouse movements and clicks.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: How to manage control of Jubula test execution [message #1804259 is a reply to message #1804242] Thu, 21 March 2019 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kairus Chris Denoy is currently offline Kairus Chris DenoyFriend
Hi,

Both machines run on Windows 10 and the issue only occurs on the second machine. I've tried to add "aut.wait(3000);", but doesn't fixes the issue. It seems as if it occurs inside the aut.execute() method...
Is there by any chance the mouse movement and the click run on different threads?

regards,
Kairus Denoy
Re: How to manage control of Jubula test execution [message #1804434 is a reply to message #1804259] Tue, 26 March 2019 06:30 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
No the mouse movement is run in the same Thread as the rest of the execution. But the OS/the virtualization is responsible what happens with our mouse movement. Maybe it is a try to disable the mouse movement (but this is only possible in the newest Jubula). From the release notes:

Quote:
Disable mouse movement strategy is possible

It is now possible to disable the mouse movement strategy with the environment variable TEST_DISABLE_MOUSE_MOVEMENT=true. But beware it might break tests because some events are not triggered due to the missing mouse movement

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Previous Topic:HTML testing
Next Topic:JCommandButton cannot be mapped
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:32:48 GMT 2024