Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Bug: MySQL Connection only works in connection dialog(Connection test is successful, but after that it doesn't work)
Bug: MySQL Connection only works in connection dialog [message #1804072] Sun, 17 March 2019 14:24 Go to next message
Eduardo Elgueta is currently offline Eduardo ElguetaFriend
Hi All,

I'm experimenting a weird error regarding connections.

I'm using Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers, Version: Neon. 3 Release (4.6.3) Build id: 20170314-1500, on macOS Mojave 10.14.3; BIRT Framework 4.6.0.v201606072122.

I configure a new MySQL connection with the data source dialog window, using the driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver (v5.1), which is already downloaded.

I test the connection and it shows the "Connection Successful" message.

But after I close the dialog, and try to use the data source in a new or existing data set, I get the following error message:

Access denied for user 'redacted'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

If I go back to edit the connection and test it again, I get a "Failed to create a connection. Please verify the connection properties" error message. If I re-enter the password, the error goes away and I'm back to step 1, that is, every time I try to use the data source I get an access denied error.

Any ideas why this is happening and how it can be resolved?

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Bug: MySQL Connection only works in connection dialog [message #1804232 is a reply to message #1804072] Wed, 20 March 2019 20:30 Go to previous message
Eduardo Elgueta is currently offline Eduardo ElguetaFriend
To whom it may help,

The password contained the sequence "\n".

We removed this sequence and everything work as expected.

Cheers.
Previous Topic:Cannot get result set metadata
Next Topic:How to add a parameter to a SQL Query ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:38:51 GMT 2024