Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus(Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus)
Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1803842] Tue, 12 March 2019 10:19 Go to next message
Philip Jose is currently offline Philip JoseFriend
I am not finding a way to show port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus.
This is what I have tried:
1. For the given block, create a child Interface block.
2. Add a flowproperty to the block with direction in.
3. Add a proxy port to the parent block and type it with Interface block.
4. Drag the parent block and port into IBD

I am expecting to see the port direction in the IBD, but it does not show, as shown in the screen shot attached . I have read bug reports which mentions this problem on earlier versions, but am not able to find a fix. If I am doing something wrong here, please let me know the right way to implement directional ports in Papyrus.

Warm regards,

Philip.
Re: Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1804714 is a reply to message #1803842] Sat, 30 March 2019 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have still not got any response for my query. I also tried to create a new profile for the ports to display their direction, but was unsuccessful. If anyone knows a better way to show direction on ports, please help me out.

I did not want to fall back on flowport since that is deprecated.

I did try the latest release (2019-03) but there is no fix for my problem in that. If this is a feature planned for in the near future, please let me know. Else,Would someone recommend a different SysML tool? Will Capella be better, although it is not exactly on SysyML?

Unfortunately, I have spent long enough time on Papyrus to get the port direction working. Although it might seem trivial, as systems engineers, it is important for my team to visualize which subsystem is providing a signal and which system is reading it. As I am designing the framework to be deployed across the enterprise, I do not want this aspect to cause confusion later. If there is no satisfying response, I might have to try out some other MBSE tool.

Warm regards,

Philip.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 March 2019 05:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1804761 is a reply to message #1804714] Sun, 31 March 2019 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Philip,

the following is my way to get that semantic with Papyrus. While the semantics are the same, the graphical representation is different.

I connect to ports of parts within a block directly with an ItemFlow. Which looks like

index.php/fa/35171/0/

The ItemFlow can be assigned a FlowProperty.

BTW, Capella is also a nice tool ;-)

/Carsten

[Updated on: Sun, 31 March 2019 17:58]

Re: Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1804913 is a reply to message #1804761] Wed, 03 April 2019 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Carsten,

Thanks a lot. This seems to work well. Will this kind of system specification work with Moka? I am not reached a point to start simulating my model, but will get there at some point in time. I would like to ensure that the way I define the system today will be compatible for Model execution and simulation.

Warm regards,

Philip.
Re: Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1804941 is a reply to message #1804913] Wed, 03 April 2019 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Philip,

Moka is based on fUML (https://www.omg.org/spec/FUML/1.2.1), the Foundational UML Subset (fUML) is an executable subset of standard UML. It is not based on plain vanilla UML (https://www.omg.org/spec/UML/2.5.1/PDF) or SysML (https://www.omg.org/spec/SysML/1.4).

That implies you have to create fUML not UML or SysML models to utilize Moka model simulations.

But with Papyrus UML (and also SysML) models can reference fUML models via the UML package import mechanism.

What do you want to achieve?

Based on my extremely vague idea of your needs Papyrus RT (https://www.eclipse.org/papyrus-rt/) might better fit your needs.

/pica

[Updated on: Wed, 03 April 2019 16:27]

Re: Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1808043 is a reply to message #1804761] Fri, 14 June 2019 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elif Özkan is currently offline Elif ÖzkanFriend
Hi, I am trying to add ports to parts on IBD using Papyrus SysML 1.4 but the view of the ports and the relation between them are not seen. (The picture is what I got) Even, I am not able to add the "item flow". Do you have any suggestions? How can I implement the ports and interface?
Re: Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1857063 is a reply to message #1803842] Mon, 16 January 2023 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lennox 84 is currently offline Lennox 84Friend
index.php/fa/42844/0/Hi Philip,
could you solve this issue?
I am experiencing the same issue and can not find a solution to highlight the direction on the proxy port.
I am using Papyrus 6.1.0
In the screenshot you can see my example. Is there anything wrong?
Thanks for your help! BR, Lennox
Re: Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1857140 is a reply to message #1857063] Thu, 19 January 2023 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

I have created bug 581382, The current style-sheet only checks for attributes of the (deprecated) FlowPort stereotype. In addition, it should analyse the direction of the FlowProperty attributes and use the "in" or "out" symbol, if all attributes have a common direction, the "inout" symbol otherwise. Technically, it requires additional Java code that calculates a virtual attribute, i.e. it's not that trivial to fix.
Re: Displaying port direction in sysml diagrams in Papyrus [message #1857498 is a reply to message #1857140] Fri, 10 February 2023 13:30 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
A fix for bug bug 581382 has been merged yesterday into the master branch.
Please try with a nightly build whether the shown port icons correspond to what you expect.
Previous Topic:best ways to learn SysML diagram generation?
Next Topic:MARTE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:26:59 GMT 2024