Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows (Question on how to compile Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows )
Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows [message #1803835] Tue, 12 March 2019 06:00 Go to next message
Olaf Bergengruen is currently offline Olaf BergengruenFriend
Hi Elemer,

We at ETSI STF160 use since many years the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn conversion tool for our TTCN development. We use the compiler not for generating code but for verifying our TTCN ATSs as follows:

compiler -s0 -d -R <ttcn files>

Usually Gregory @ Ericsson produced the compiler and the xsd2ttcn for Windows and send them to us. Now we would like to build them ourselves, since we the Titan code is open.

My question is: Can I build the windows version on my Linux computer where I have the Titan repository?

Regards,
Olaf @ MCC TF160

Re: Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows [message #1803836 is a reply to message #1803835] Tue, 12 March 2019 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristof Szabados is currently offline Kristof SzabadosFriend
Hi Olaf,

We use mingw to build the native windows compiler versions, following this description: https://github.com/eclipse/titan.core/blob/master/README.mingw

As technically this is "just a cross compilation", it could be possible on linux too ... but I have no actual experience doing this on native linux.

Best Regards
Kristof
Re: Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows [message #1803837 is a reply to message #1803836] Tue, 12 March 2019 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Olaf,

we'll look into details and come back to you.

Best regards
Elemer
Re: Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows [message #1803857 is a reply to message #1803836] Tue, 12 March 2019 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kristof,

Since you said it is a cross compiling,
I tried the settings in README.mingw on my Linux machine but

MINGW := -DMINGW -mno-cygwin

does not work:
the latest gcc does not understand the flag -mno-cygwin.

Regards,
Olaf
Re: Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows [message #1803886 is a reply to message #1803857] Wed, 13 March 2019 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Olaf,

I'm sorry, but it appears that none of us has experience with cross-compiling Titan on Linux for Windows target.

So far we have only compiled (as indicated by Kristof ) on Windows for Windows target with MinGW libraries. This option of course is still available.
For cross-compilation I suppose you will need the MinGW libraries for Linux, if available at all; I encourage you though to experiment
with this; theoretically it should be a viable option.

Best regards
Elemer

Re: Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows [message #1803900 is a reply to message #1803886] Wed, 13 March 2019 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Elemer, I will try.
Olaf
Re: Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows [message #1803901 is a reply to message #1803900] Wed, 13 March 2019 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Olaf,

a question: obviously you have a Windows target machine, as you intend to execute on Windows; so why you want to (cross-)compile on Linux?
Or we have misunderstood something?

BR

Elemer
Re: Compiling the Titan compiler and xsd2ttcn for windows [message #1803907 is a reply to message #1803901] Wed, 13 March 2019 12:55 Go to previous message
Hi Elemer,

>>a question: obviously you have a Windows target machine, as you intend to execute on Windows; so why you want to (cross-)compile on Linux?
>>Or we have misunderstood something?

In the ETSI team STF160, all people use Windows for developing the huge ATSs for 3G 4G and 5G but they NEVER execute anything :-) , and they use heavily Titan compiler -s for checking the code during development.

I am experimenting myself on Linux actually running some simple TTCN tests cases and since I have on Linux the complete environment and Titan sources and the STF160 team needs the latest Titan compiler and xsd2ttn, I thought I can cross-compile and provide them the latest Titan tools.
Alternatively the project manager will send a kind request to György to prepare the windows versions, in case I can not manage cross-compile.

Regards,
Olaf
Previous Topic:Schema-less decoding of JSON in TTCN-3/Titan
Next Topic: Compiler version error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:15:22 GMT 2024