Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programatic(how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programatically)
how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programatic [message #1803798] Mon, 11 March 2019 05:02 Go to next message
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
Hii

Please help me on how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programatically
Re: how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programa [message #1803868 is a reply to message #1803798] Tue, 12 March 2019 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Fasani is currently offline Laurent FasaniFriend
Hello

The value of where the palette is docked is contained in the non ui preference org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramEditorWithFlyOutPalette.FlyoutPreferencesImpl. The sirius diagram editor inherit from DiagramEditorWithFlyOutPalette.

I saw in debug mode that the default nodeQualifier of the preference store is "org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui". The key is PALETTE_DOCK_LOCATION = "org.eclipse.gmf.pdock"
I guess you just have to change that preference but it will not automatically/interactively change the palette position. The palette position will be taken into account at the next editor opening.

regards

Laurent Fasani - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programa [message #1804318 is a reply to message #1803868] Fri, 22 March 2019 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Fasani

Thank you for the reply

If I write a java class which will extend DiagramEditorWithFlyOutPalette control is not coming to my java class. Is there any extension point is there ?
so that control will come to my class.

Please help me
Re: how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programa [message #1804333 is a reply to message #1804318] Fri, 22 March 2019 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

You should use the extension point org.eclipse.ui.editors to provide your own editor. You can find some samples in the Sirius code where we provide a subclass of DDiagramEditorImpl in order to customize the editor.

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programa [message #1804370 is a reply to message #1804333] Mon, 25 March 2019 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve

Thankyou so much It is working now :)

[Updated on: Tue, 26 March 2019 09:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programa [message #1806797 is a reply to message #1804333] Wed, 15 May 2019 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve

It is working for Sirius 5.12. I have used extension point org.eclipse.ui.editors.In this extension I have written a class which will extend DDiagramEditorImpl which will have methods getInitialDockLocation() where I can set the location of palette.Now I have changed the sirius version to 6.1.2 .It is not working.Control is not coming to my editor class.
Please help me what to do inorder to dock the plaette to left side on opening
Re: how to drag the palette to left side on opening of representation in eclipse emf sirius programa [message #1806802 is a reply to message #1804333] Wed, 15 May 2019 10:31 Go to previous message
Hi Steve

It is working for Sirius 5.12. I have used extension point org.eclipse.ui.editors.In this extension I have written a class which will extend DDiagramEditorImpl which will have methods getInitialDockLocation() where I can set the location of palette.Now I have changed the sirius version to 6.1.2 .It is not working.Control is not coming to my editor class.
Please help me what to do inorder to dock the plaette to left side on opening
Previous Topic:How to hide the semantic tab in Property View
Next Topic:DDiagramElement of a programatically created model object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:07:04 GMT 2024