Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to(The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.)
The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to [message #1803656] Wed, 06 March 2019 09:31 Go to next message
Patrick  Menagé is currently offline Patrick MenagéFriend
I created a dynamic web project with JSF 2. I added to the web content folder a new page named index.xhtml. Error displayed syaing that "no factories configured". I added into the webxml file the <listener> tag as mentioned in the error message. I tried again to run the index.xhtml file created without changing anything. Error displayed was "/TestIndex/Faces/Index.xhtml, The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists."

As found on the web, I changed the <url-pattern> of the web.xml file from "/faces/*" to "/". But the problem still remains.

I battled a day, but without success. All kind of help is welcome.

I am using Eclipse Jee, Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers, Version: 2018-12 (4.10.0) Build id: 20181214-0600. and MyFaces-api-2.3.3

In advance thank you

Patrick
Re: The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willin [message #1803703 is a reply to message #1803656] Thu, 07 March 2019 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The error message occurs after I inserted the listener node in the web.xml file. The lines that I added are :

<listener>
<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
</listener>

I removed. If I try to run a simple html file it works. But if I try to run an xhtml file I have the error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application.

As mentioned, I am battling with this since several days. I am new in using eclipse. all hints are most welcome.

Patrick

Re: The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willin [message #1803741 is a reply to message #1803703] Fri, 08 March 2019 05:59 Go to previous message
The solution was to manually copy and paste all the files contained in MyFaces folder into the project folder WebContent \ Web-Inf \ lib.

I assumed that when attaching the library to the project, all the required files would be automatically copied where required but no. Is this normal ? could not this be improved ?
Previous Topic:Dynamic Web Project option missing in Eclipse
Next Topic:can not highlight all occurrence of a variable in javascript file in new version of eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:45:35 GMT 2024