Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Is it possible to do live validation of property view text widgets?
Is it possible to do live validation of property view text widgets? [message #1803500] Fri, 01 March 2019 17:23 Go to next message
Dimo Petroff is currently offline Dimo PetroffFriend
I'm trying to figure out a way to check the input in a property page text widget while the user is typing it, before they commit by moving focus or pressing Enter.

I'm not sure how to make that work: it looks like I want to audit the input variable and send it to a service method but I've not been able to make that happen. At the same time, other methods from the same service work fine on the self variable, it's just that those run after the edit is finished rather than while the user is typing their input.
Re: Is it possible to do live validation of property view text widgets? [message #1803669 is a reply to message #1803500] Wed, 06 March 2019 14:07 Go to previous message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Dear Dimo,

Except using the custom widget, you can't do that. with the default Sirius properties view.

Regards,
Previous Topic:Creating dynamic representation for a container in Sirius
Next Topic:How to migrate from existing ecore to Version Sirius
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:17:02 GMT 2024